Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

dry/deal roots help, hair falls out

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
eneyman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eneyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: dry/deal roots help, hair falls out
    Posted: July 21 2008 at 6:44pm
Hey all, I am a guy, 21, white, and have been growing out my hair long, but it seems to fall out a bit also when I comb it, and the roots are completely dried out and dead and the hairs fall out/pull out easily. How do I solve this to grow longer and healthier hair?? Any help would be great. I take vitamins regularly and am healthy as a side note.

thanks

Edited by eneyman - July 21 2008 at 6:51pm
Sparrowhawk1161 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparrowhawk1161 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2009 at 7:33am
A natural oil comes out of the follicle where the roots begin.  If the oil is stripped from to much shampooing or clorinated water it becomes dry.  Also, you just might have dry scalp.  Use a product for dry scalp or leave in conditioner that replaces this.  The best place to find it is to go to a "beauty" products store and ask for a pruduct for that very purpose.  As long as the oil is there, your hair will grow longer.

Secondly, It's natural to loose hair, since hair has natural cycle of growth, dormancy and fallout.  With longer hair you get an illusion of more hair being lost.  But the hair that falls out grows back.

You also might need Keratin.  This a protein that makes up the basis for hair and nail growth.  Guitar players who use their fingernails to pluck strings take Keratin to strengthen their nails so they won't break.  One of the side effects is obviously better and faster hair growth.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic