Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Classmate Deserves a *Thud*

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Classmate Deserves a *Thud*
    Posted: August 03 2008 at 1:34pm
        Last Saturday, my DW and I were leaving a local church picnic. Entering was a familiar face that I hadn't seen for over 30 years! Her hair was parted in the middle and behind her shoulders. She looked about 35, so I did a double-take and asked, "Mary Alice?" We weren't close friends, and she didn't remember me until I said my name. Well, we exchanged news about our lives for a few minutes, and as we parted, I couldn't help but look behind and saw that she had kept the most phenomenal thick mane, one length to her hips. It was as long as my wife's. Yes, I yelled back to her and complimented her on it. She smiled. Clearly, its brunette hue was still all natural!
     In HS, she had always had shoulder blade to lower back hair. It had never been *this* long, believe me. So, in a year in which everyone seems to be trading their beautiful tresses for (IMO) bland, shorter, trendy, *everyone* styles,  Mary Alice truly made my day. I even told my daughters about her. (They already know I'm crazy!) Best, Bob Clap
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2008 at 7:39pm
Great story Bob. To have long hair as a teenager, and longer as an adult. That is inspiring.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic