Print Page | Close Window

Classmate Deserves a *Thud*

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=62045
Printed Date: September 28 2024 at 10:28pm

Topic: Classmate Deserves a *Thud*
Posted By: Bob S
Subject: Classmate Deserves a *Thud*
Date Posted: August 03 2008 at 1:34pm
        Last Saturday, my DW and I were leaving a local church picnic. Entering was a familiar face that I hadn't seen for over 30 years! Her hair was parted in the middle and behind her shoulders. She looked about 35, so I did a double-take and asked, "Mary Alice?" We weren't close friends, and she didn't remember me until I said my name. Well, we exchanged news about our lives for a few minutes, and as we parted, I couldn't help but look behind and saw that she had kept the most phenomenal thick mane, one length to her hips. It was as long as my wife's. Yes, I yelled back to her and complimented her on it. She smiled. Clearly, its brunette hue was still all natural!
     In HS, she had always had shoulder blade to lower back hair. It had never been *this* long, believe me. So, in a year in which everyone seems to be trading their beautiful tresses for (IMO) bland, shorter, trendy, *everyone* styles,  Mary Alice truly made my day. I even told my daughters about her. (They already know I'm crazy!) Best, Bob Clap

Replies:
Posted By: paper
Date Posted: August 03 2008 at 7:39pm
Great story Bob. To have long hair as a teenager, and longer as an adult. That is inspiring.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window