Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Blond highlights for a Swimmer?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blond highlights for a Swimmer?
    Posted: August 20 2008 at 11:28am
As usual, I completely agree with Borne.blonde! Right on the money with all her advice. You absolutely MUST cover your hair with conditioner before you get in that pool or say hello to discolored highlights! You may also find baking soda useful for clarifying. Good luck with your highlights.Smile
Love clip-ins and tape!
borne.blonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote borne.blonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2008 at 9:37pm
http://www.malibuwellness.com/content/Cn_Product_Detail.aspx?Product_Catalog_Number=19613 

Here is the direct link to Malibu Swimmers' Wellness System Kit

Embarrassed

Edited by borne.blonde - August 19 2008 at 9:38pm
what_project View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote what_project Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2008 at 1:13pm
Thank you guys! I'll get fancy highlights then!!!! So excited... now, how to get there...  :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote borne.blonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2008 at 1:07pm
Water can also get under the caps...

Pre- Pool  care... Kerastase Soleil Huile Genereuse spray can help

After-Pool care...California Baby Swimmer's Defense Shampoo

Clarify for residues & styling & Chelate for mineralsThumbs%20Up

Ty for the Ion Treatment tip...
beachgooloo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beachgooloo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2008 at 11:35pm
My girls use IOn clarifying treatment to get green out & swimmers shampoo & conditioner & leave in conditioner....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote borne.blonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2008 at 5:42pm
Water filter for home & chlorine in water
Good conditioning after all acidic type products even if use tomato or apple cider vinegar as chelating.
Water hair in shower before enter pool / apply conditioner.

Best thing to do is wear a cap to protect hair. I can't see me wishing to wear a cap however so Idk what I will do about that yet.  Buildup occurs on all hair just it is easier to see on blonde.

Nexxus Aloe Rid
Joico K-Pac Chelating
Nexxus Aloe Rid
Kenra Clarifying (chelating formula and clarifier in one)
L'anza Swim & Sun Daily Chelating Shampoo
Mizani Phormula 7 Neutralizing and Chelating Shampoo

(This is just a collection of shampoos & advice. Idk of a color that resists chlorine or copper / minerals on the hair.)

~ If you feel someone is trolling or leading all questions & answers to an "informed" website asking for money for their own product~ kindly warn others and the administrator.~

Absolutely NO Blatant Advertising Will Be Tolerated. This forum is not provided as free advertising space for others to use to promote their products, services, websites or related agendas.  HairTalk is also not designed to help other websites build their own visitor traffic. All unauthorized advertising posts or posts that attempt to use HairTalk inappropriately will be immediately removed. 

• NO Spamming. Commercial posts or flooding the forum with useless content will be immediately removed.

Edited by borne.blonde - August 20 2008 at 4:04am
what_project View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote what_project Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2008 at 2:45pm
So.... I want to go back to my natural color (medium ash blonde) and have some highlights added. But will it survive the swim training routine?

Is there any method or product that can produce blond highlights that won't turn green in chlorinated water? And, what will green up - what to avoid?

PS. I use chlorine removal shampoo, but I color my hair darker now so there's no blond in it. So I don't know if it will help.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic