Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

BlowDrying on Cool

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Brandi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BlowDrying on Cool
    Posted: March 31 2003 at 1:28am
I never used a Hair Dryer in my life. My hair is waist length and healthy. I heard that it can be very damaging to hair, but I noticed there is a cool setting. I've been using this for about a week. I don't know if the cool setting is also damaging, but I'd like to find out. Any info would be helpful. :)
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2003 at 7:00pm
I hope someone responds to this, I've been wondering about the effects of blow-drying on cool also.
SnowWhite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SnowWhite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2003 at 1:56pm
I have not found that it has hurt my hair any; however, I don't blow dry it every day. Maybe only once or twice a week and wear it up most of the rest of the time.
?/35.5/ tailbone
curly hair
<><
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2003 at 2:14pm
Heat is the primary cause of hair damage when drying your hair; hence, drying on a cool setting is less of a hazard. However, any roughing up of the cuticle, especially when hair is wet, can fray hair and cause breakage. That's why brushing hair when wet and using tension with a brush and dryer to straighten can be hard on hair, especially when used in conjunction with heated hair.

However, blow drying even on a warm setting occasionally won't kill your hair unless it's extremely fragile to begin with or overly processed. When you first begin drying the water is simply evaporating off your hair--it's aiming a hot dryer onto bone dry hair that can really cause damage. It's also a good idea to hold the nozzle several inches from your hair.
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic