Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Humidity

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jen8541 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jen8541 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Humidity
    Posted: April 07 2003 at 2:58pm
I have somewhat wavy hair and just straighten it to take out the kinks but when there's a lot of humidity it gets really frizzy and wavy and looks awful. What should I do?
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2003 at 3:49pm
Hairspray contains polymers that tend to repel humidity, so you might want to experiment with some. I have similar problems with my hair and I love Tresemme's European Slick Gel for locking out humidity. Seriously, nothing else kept my hair straight, smooth and frizz-less. Unfortunately I can't find it ANYWHERE now and I tend to think they're discontinued it. Which is always my luck!
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
wittils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wittils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2003 at 1:29am
I hate to sound like a broken record... but...

Unfrizz by L'Oreal. It's a creme that you smooth into your hair when it's wet and then style. There are other "unfrizz" products in the Nature's Therapy line, but this is the only one I have used.

And I have never used it in high humidity yet. I got it to try it out just in case I go to Milwaukee this summer. It works well so far as far as taming and smoothing the hair. I have used it on my dry hair also to help define it. My hair is fine and it doesn't weigh it down at all, but adds a soft shine.

Guess I could steam up the shower and see if my hair frizzes!!
Precious is the day... it happens only once in a lifetime.
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2003 at 8:47am
I think there are just some places where nothing will work. South Florida and Houston, TX for example. I have the opposite problem though. I have very fine, straight hair and humidity just makes it greasy looking and stuck to my head. I think I would definitely prefer frizz.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2003 at 9:59am
I would prefer "greasy, stuck-to-my-head" hair, Demodoll! :-) Wanna trade?
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
amc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2003 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by Lyris Lyris wrote:

Hairspray contains polymers that tend to repel humidity, so you might want to experiment with some. I have similar problems with my hair and I love Tresemme's European Slick Gel for locking out humidity. Seriously, nothing else kept my hair straight, smooth and frizz-less. Unfortunately I can't find it ANYWHERE now and I tend to think they're discontinued it. Which is always my luck!

I just bought it at the grocery store (Giant) yesterday.
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2003 at 7:06am
Ah man, I wish I had one of those stores in Michigan! Have you used the gel before, and how do you like it? I swear there's nothing like it!
amc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2003 at 9:59am
Michigan isn't THAT far from Pennsylvania- how desperate are you?
This is the first time I've tried it and so far I like it. I have pretty fine hair, so I have to be careful I don't put too much stuff on it. The Tresemme gel doesn't weigh it down, doesn't make it all sticky and stiff, which I hate, and seems to help the frizzies, too.
rrobey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rrobey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2003 at 11:17am
AMC,

Where in Pennsylvania are you?? I'm in WV so if there were a store close enough I'd drive there to get the Tressame gel. I've only found it one time where I live and haven't found it since. I loved the gel and would love to stock up. I live in northern WV, not too far from Morgantown.

Thanks for the help.
Becky
rrobey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rrobey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2003 at 11:32am
Originally posted by Lyris Lyris wrote:

Hey Lyris, I found it on-line. The only site I could find you can buy it is here....

http://www.westburypharmacy.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?store_code=WP&screen=PROD&product_code=489435
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2003 at 11:45am
Thanks Becky!
amc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2003 at 4:27pm
Becky-
I'm in south-central PA - Chambersburg. I don't think Morgantown is too far away. I saw in your last post you found the gel online, but if you can't get it for some reason, let me know and I'll give you directions.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic