Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stopping chin length hair flicking out?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
calamity View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calamity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stopping chin length hair flicking out?
    Posted: July 03 2009 at 4:32am
Hi everyone. :-)

I recently got my hair cut to just below my chin, and now it has a terrible habit of flicking out quite dramatically at the bottom when I leave it out.

I'm not overly adept with a hairdryer or straightener, and while I can minimize it using them I can't seem to fix it completely.

Does anyone have any tips for me? Either about how to use my hairdryer/straightener to get what I want, or about any other products or methods (it would be nice if I din't have to fry my hair with a straightener every time I wanted to wear it out :-P).
Claude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2009 at 6:57am
It most likely has to do with your head position when the stylist was cutting the perimeter of the haircut. To get the hair to naturally curl under your head position when cutting the back should be you looking down into your lap. Then when cutting the sides of the haircut your head should be tilted the opposite way of the side that is being cut. That head position will cause the hair to curl under. If your head was straight and you were looking directly into the mirror your hair would have slight graduation to it causing it to flip out when it is dry. It could just be that you had an inexperienced stylist who cut your hair.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic