Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair Pix

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Kitty Kat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitty Kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2009 at 8:22pm
OMG! Are we long lost sisters or what? Suave coconut is MY favorite. I used Biolage for years but it's so expensive. About six months ago I decided to go back to some regular store conditioners. I really like Suave and Pantene. I've never tried V05.

How long have you been doing the conditioner only? Did it take awhile for your hair to adjust? Unfortunately, I've been using medicated shampoos (Selsun Blue, Head & Shoulders) for years because I have seborrheic dermititis. It controls it well though.

My routine, I wash it every other night, put it in a ponytail and go to bed. I know that sounds gross going to bed with wet hair but I've been doing it for 25 years. It sure beats getting up earlier in the morning and having to wash and dry this mess!! In the morning, it's still slightly damp. I spray on leave-in conditioner and scrunch a tiny bit of jojoba oil on it and that's it. The second day, I usually put more oil in and put it up somehow.

Using jojoba oil on your face is a great idea. I know they say it's the closest thing to our natural oils. I rub the leftover into my hands after scrunching.

The peac-o-c-k thing was too funny! First of all, I didn't notice it was spelled wrong. So when I read your message, I looked again and then I noticed I spelled it wrong too!!!! What the heck??? We really must be sisters! We both spelled it wrong. And then I read your last sentence. LOL!!
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2009 at 6:25am
LOL, that is too funny about the peac-o-c-k twist thing. We both thought we spelled it wrong!

I tryed CO about a year ago. I got in the shower, put it on my head like shampoo. My hair felt dirty and looked greasy, I only lasted about 1 week, then I went back to shampoo. I was using Giovanni Smooth As Silk, Shampoo & Conditioner. That was working great until I started growing out my dye. My virgin hair always looked greasy, so I was washing more, and drying out my old dye. I decided to try CO again. This time, I put the Conditioner on my dry hair and leave it on for about an hr. Then, I got in the shower and wet my hair and washed it, then rinse with cool water. Thats it, no 2nd conditioner. I had great results the 1st time, and I've been doing it every since. About 3 months now.

I can see how washing your hair at night would be easier. I will probably do that when my hair gets longer. I like to wear my hair down on wash day and then after sleeping on it, it doesn't look as good, so I usually wear it up the next day too. I'd love to learn some new styles but my hair just isn't long enough. I want to be able to do the lazy wrap bun.

Do you think you might want to go longer when you reach BSL? I think about going to my waist. I'd hate it though if I couldn't do some of the cute styles I do now. Oh, you did say your hair is too heavy when it gets longer. Whats the longest your hair has ever been?

Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2009 at 8:19am
Paper and Kitty Kat u both should go to ur waists. You both have beautiful hair and it would look amazing :)
Kitty Kat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitty Kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2009 at 5:35pm
I don't know about growing mine to my waist guys!! It does get heavy and like you said Paper, you may not be able to do some of the styles you like when it gets that long.

Do you know what I don't like about it getting longer? My brothers married sisters when I was about 12. A lot of the girls in their family have terribly thin (almost bald) hair and I watched my sister-in-laws lose most of their hair over the years. So now, even though I do have a lot of hair, I'm very conscious of every hair I lose. Supposedly, the average person loses 100 hairs a day. If you lose 10 12" hairs it looks like twice as much, of course, as 10 6" hairs. It just starts to freak me out. Can you imagine the people that have hair below their butts? They must be able to knit a sweater from leftover hair in the drain after a shower!

I've never had super long hair. Probably just a few inches past BSL. How long has your hair been Paper? Have you ever had long hair Pburgh?
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2009 at 6:19pm
Unfortunately I have never had long hair before just shaggy. I am sooo glad i made the commitment to grow it out now. I cant wait for it to get long and I told myself i will have long hair forever. I will never have my hair shorter than shoulder length again :) whats the longest urs has been?
Kitty Kat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitty Kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2009 at 6:38pm
Pburgh, the longest my hair has been is just a few inches past BSL. I meant to tell you in your previous post, your hair sounds nice. I've always been partial to dark hair although my hubby has blond hair. Smile He has beautiful curls too.

Are you having any frustrations growing it out? I've grown mine out a few times and it always seemed like it was hardest when it was around shoulder length.

paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2009 at 7:56am
Hey Kitty Kat & Pburgh

When I was little my Mom made me wear a pixie, which I hated! When she finally let me grow my hair, I quickly had waist to hip length hair. As an adult I had probably APL-BSL hair.

I might change my goal to waist. I have a high waist and it's only a few inches longer then BSL, so I will probably go for it!

Pburgh, it must be exciting having long hair for the first time! You really should get some pictures up. It's so much fun to have to compare to. Especially when you feel that you aren't getting anywheres!
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2009 at 9:30am

Well Kitty Kat thanks sooo much for the compliments I think I have beautiful hair and itll even be better as it gets longer :) BSL is a great goal and im glad u like dark hair :) With his curls, does your husband have long hair? Itd look sooo cool :)I really have frustrations now just in the fact that my hair is just shaggy and I see all these people with great long hair and i want it sooo bad and its like why cant i just have it long now and have a ponytail. So its hard just waiting. When i get closer to shoulders Ill be able tto tell u how the frustrations are there lol.

Paper it is really realy exciting to have long hair for the first time. I will def get pics up soon as soon as I get my camera to work lol. I love to shake my head and feel my hair flop around or even just run my fingers through it. amazing :)
Kitty Kat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitty Kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2009 at 3:52pm
Alright Paper, now I KNOW we're sisters separated at birth!! I wore a pixie most of my childhood. On top of that, Mom would always trim me and my sister's bangs and we have pictures where they're so short!!

I ordered my Flexis this morning before work!! I got a medium and large. I'll let you know when they come. I'm excited to get them. I've never found anything large enough to hold my hair up.They look like they really might work!

P-Burgh growing your hair out is like losing weight. It's so frustrating for the person who's actually doing it because you look at yourself every day. It just seems agonizingly slow!! But you'll get there. It really helped me to measure it and I learned that tip on this forum. Then you could actually SEE progress. And like Paper said, get some pictures.

I cut my hubby's hair and we usually keep it pretty short. It's so curly it just kind of grows out instead of down! LOL! They're really nice curls. And I think I already mentioned his eyelashes curl naturally too.
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2009 at 12:03am
Thanks for all the advice Kitty Kat. I appreciate it. U are soo right it does get frustrating but this forum def does help. I dont know what id do without all of u :( I will get some pictures soon and start measuring for sure :) Thats cute ur hubby has curly eyelashed. Did he ever desire to grow his hair out or did u ever want him to ? lol
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2009 at 6:11am
LOL, we must be long lost sisters!!! Big%20smile  One time, the hairdresser didn't even want to cut my hair I was crying so hard. But, my Mom made her. I can remember too having bangs sooo short, I would sit in front of the mirror and cry. I can remember my Aunt felt so bad she would tell me they look fine and don't worry they will grow LOL. She showed me how I could hold them down with tape while they dryed, that worked pretty good!

My DH has curly hair that grows out instead of down too! He keeps it real short too. When we were dating he did have kind of long hair, about shoulder length. But didn't all the guys wear their hair kinda long in the 70's?

Thats cool you ordered your first flexi's. I can't wait to see them! They ship real fast too. I bet you can use the med for ponytail and the lg for french twist. You might need an XL to hold a bun. I just got my shipping notication on my first Ficcare headband. I can't wait to get it!

Edited by paper - July 22 2009 at 6:13am
Lickalime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lickalime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2009 at 10:56am
I hate to interrupt the conversation here but I have a question.

when between washings, how do you deal with oily roots?  I'm trying to cut down on my washing and oily roots are bugging me.  I've been wanting to wear headbands and scarves, but they don't always look right on me.  some days my super long shaped face just doesn't cooperate

as I mentioned in another thread I am hoping to let my hair grow and grow.  I graduate from college next spring and I'm hoping to have my hair past my waist.  I think my goal is going to be to my hips.  not sure if it's going to get there or not, but one can hope
I am at 32"
~goal length 36"
Kitty Kat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitty Kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2009 at 4:29pm
Hi Lickalime! You're not interrupting! Join the party. I know when I had bangs, they would always get oily first. I would rub some baby powder on them. What about dry shampoo? I've never tried that but I always wondered if it worked.

Kitty Kat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitty Kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2009 at 4:30pm
Paper, HA!!! I used to use the pink hair tape when I was little, not only to hold down my bangs but to hold down any other unruly pieces that dried sticking out!!!

My DH had longer hair before I knew him. He said he used to mash it down with a brush until he saw Mac Davis and realized curly hair was cool!

Is Ficcare a brand? Okay, and what exactly does DH mean? Dear Husband?

Kitty Kat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitty Kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2009 at 4:31pm
Pburgh, Hubby had longer hair once a few years ago. He really doesn't like it though. It gets in his eyes and annoys him. If mine looked like his I'd probably have short hair too. He doesn't have to do anything but shower and it always looks nice. No drying, no gel, no nothing. Talk about low maintenance!
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2009 at 6:27pm
Hahahah Kitty Kat id def say that it is low maintenance. Have u done any cool styles lately?
Lickalime thats sooo awesome ur leting ur hair grow sooo long. Hip length would be amazing. HOw long is ur hair now? what made u want to grow it out and how do u like to style it?
Lickalime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lickalime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2009 at 7:20pm
thanks for the invite KittyKat

Pburgh *sigh*  my hair now is just about to my elbows.  I always had short (above the shoulders) hair.  I decided to grow my hair out when I was 19.  my hair was past my elbows, when I was 23 I decided to cut it all off *grrrr* into just about a chin length bob.  I have been on the grow since (I'm 34 now)

during my time on the grow I did lots of coloring and heat styling and semi-regular "trims"  I have since stopped with heat styling (no dryers - curling irons or flat irons)  I used to break that rule for weddings, but not anymore, I can look nice with straight air dried hair instead of ruining my hair with heat.
I wonder if I'm going to be able to reach my goal length.  I'm worried I've reached my terminal length.  I guess I'll find out.  in the meantime I'll avoid shampooing and stay away from heat
I am at 32"
~goal length 36"
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2009 at 11:03pm
HI Lickalime. It was nice getting to know u. wouldu want to be a hairgrowth partner of mine and compare growth? its always nice to do that :) It sounds like beautiful hair, buti cant believeu cut off all that hair when u were younger. I def think ull be able to reach ur goal length it sounds amazing :) Has it grown at all lately? I wish mine was even elbowlength. Even tho im a guy I have always wanted long hair. Therefore I have finally decided to grow my long locks. My goal is super long to lower back. What do u thik of that and any styling ideas?
Kitty Kat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitty Kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2009 at 5:31am
Pburgh...no cool styles lately. I'm waiting for my Flexis that Paper told me about. Hopefully, I can come up with some new styles then!!

Kitty Kat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitty Kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2009 at 5:33am
Lickalime, wow hair to your elbows is pretty cool. I'm concerned about letting mine get too long because I might not be able to do as much with it. It's pretty thick and heavy. I'll just see how it goes...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic