Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair Pix

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2009 at 7:01am
Hey Lickalime! You could always try washing your hair with conditioner only between shampoo washes. I was going to recommend too, like Kitty Kat said, baby powder. I've seen pictures of your hair, it's very pretty! Is elbow length the same as waist for you? It is for me. It's only a few inches longer then my BSL, thats why I changed my goal from BSL to waist.

Hey Kitty Kat, haha thats funny you used tape too, to hold your hair down. We didn't have much to work with back then. No blow dryer, conditioner, gel, etc. At least I didn't have any of that stuff. Just shampoo.

Yes, DH is Dear Husband.

www.ficcare.com They have beautiful but expensive stuff. I have 3 clips now and 1 headband coming. I'm saving my money for their fall sale.
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2009 at 7:12am

Paper Im sooo glad ur going waist length now. Your hair will be sooo pretty and long and I cant wait to see it. I may have to try the baby powder too.

Kitty Kat I love the flexi ideas. u should def post pics when they arrive. I know what u mean when u say letting it get too long because its soo heavy. Mine is very thick too and I think ill run into the same thing. However, Im still letting mine get lower back length.

Lickalime ur hair sounds sooo beautiful and long. I really hope u can reach ur goal of hip length. what made u grow ur hair that long and what styles do u like to use?

Kitty Kat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitty Kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2009 at 5:13pm
Paper - That Ficcare stuff is verrry pretty. I got an email last night that my Flexis shipped. Have you ever heard of bungee elastics? They supposedly don't pull or damage your hair when it's in a pony tail. I googled them. They look okay. Not expensive at all. Just wonder if they work.

You are so right. We didn't have anything for our hair either. I let it grow a little when I was in junior high school. I've already mentioned how thick it is, right? I would wash it (no conditioner) upside down in the kitchen sink (we only had a bath tub). Then I would stand over the floor register with my head upside down to dry it!!! I don't know how in the world I ever managed to comb out the rats after all that and no conditioner to boot!! LOL!

What do you guys do about trims? I've cut my own hair for years.
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2009 at 5:42pm
I personally have mixed feelings about trims. I mean it takes off some valuable length to my hair but it does make it look nice and keeping it trimmed and healthy does help to keep it growing better. HOw often do u get trims?
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2009 at 7:05pm
Yeah, I've heard of bungee elastics. I'll have to check them out.

Thats so funny hearing your stories, there so much like mine!

About trims. I've been growing my hair for 2 yrs. The 1st yr I trimmed regulary at the hairdresser, about every 3 months.  The 2nd yr. I tryed to go the whole yr. without trimming. I lasted 8 months. My ends were thin and ugly. Sooo, I'm thinking now, I should do regular trims. Maybe half an inch every 6 months. DH trims my hair now too.

I've been practicing french braiding. I actually did it good enough to wear today. Here is a picture. Notice too, I'm wearing a mini flexi on the end.

Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2009 at 9:56pm
Wow paper I love ur french braid :) Great job
Kitty Kat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitty Kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2009 at 5:35am
Paper that looks great!! It's so much fun to do different hairstyles. Every once in awhile when I think I'm bored with my hair I think how much more boring it would be to have it short and only be able to do one style.

It's muggy here this morning and I'm taking this afternoon off to go to a craft show with friends so I'm going to do a french braid so I'm not so hot. While I said I love feeling the hair on my back in the summer time, when it's really hot and humid, I have to wear it up.

Pburgh, I cut my own hair and for the past year or so, I really only take off any jagged, uneven edges. I'm not sure why, but I don't get split ends. I've never found one. I've used wide toothed combs for years and have always been pretty gentle. Guess it's paid off. But I do notice that when I go too long without trimming it doesn't comb out as easily.

Do you guys have layered hair or all one length? I like the look of layered hair but I've never liked mine that way nor have I been able to work with it. So, mine is all one length.
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2009 at 7:27am
Kitty Kat I def think u should try layers at some point. My hair is layered now just because its growing out from a very short style and I absolutely love it :) When my hais is long like lower back im going to get very long layers with my longest layer to like mid back. It should be amazing :) what do u think?
Kitty Kat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitty Kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2009 at 3:20pm
Sounds amazing to me Pburgh! Maybe I should let mine grow longer, get long layers like you plan to and if I hate it, I can get it cut to my shortest layer and it would still be long. That sounds like it might be a good plan...Thanks Pburgh!

I wonder why I'm no longer getting email notifications about postings? Any ideas? I still have it checked.
Kitty Kat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitty Kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2009 at 5:09pm
Okay, I couldn't figure out how to get a picture on here so I started a new topic!! Smile
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2009 at 6:57pm
THanks Kitty Kat, im glad u liked my suggestioin :) I def think itd be worth it to try. Let it grow really long with long layers and if u dont like it go to the shortest layer then :) whats ur new topic? lol
I have no clue about the email
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2009 at 4:48am
Thanks Pburgh!

Thanks Kitty Kat! I agree long hair is fun with all the different styles you can do! And, all the hair toys you can use.

I think you have a great way of keeping your ends trimmed. If you don't have splits and your hair is getting a little harder to comb, you might just have some build up and need to clarify.

I'm just coming out of a real short, really layerd hair cut. I doubt I will get any layers anytime soon! Smile You might look great with long layers though. It will really bring out your curls.

I never get the e-mail notifications either, I don't even both checking the boxes anymore. I don't know why. Maybe I need to check my settings.
Kitty Kat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitty Kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2009 at 9:00am
Pburgh - the new topic is under or above this one..."French Braid Pix"
Lickalime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lickalime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2009 at 6:07pm
well, I took pictures of my hair and when I try to post them I am told access denied.  guess I'm not allowed to post pictures.  sorry for the delay.  I'll keep working on it

Cry
I am at 32"
~goal length 36"
Kitty Kat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitty Kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2009 at 6:17pm
Lickalime, I'm having a little trouble with some things on this site too. Keep trying! We'd love to see them!
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2009 at 11:17pm
Yes lickalime i would love to see pics
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic