Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ally<3's Hair Journal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
Author
Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2009 at 11:02pm
- Eat approx 50 grams of protein everyday
* I do this just about everyday.

- Take a suppliment and has all essential vitiams and minerals
* Everyday aswell, I maybe missed it twice in 2 or 3 months.

- Deep condition at least 2 times a week with lipid rich conditioner and use non-sls shampoo
* I do this aswell. It's rec'd to leave it overnight but my hair doesn't feel good the day after when I do that. Just bought some new highly rec'd Shampoo too, John Master's Organics.

- Protein treatment once a month
* Check, will be doing another on on the 15th.

- Use a dry oil ans shea butter
* I ran out of the oil but have been using the shea butter to seal my ends when my hair is coming out of the shower. Ordered some more oil that I'll use everyday.

- I use a shower filter
*check

- Try to drink 6 or more glasses of water a day
* Bum bum. Have been falling behind on this and really need to pick up my game!!

- TRY to not stress
* Work's a bit better atm.

- Try to get enough sleep
* Averaging around 8 hours a night.

- No heat
* CHECK!

- No dye, no chemicals
* Check check!
- No products containing alcohol, includes hairspray
* I had to use one small spray of hairspray just on my bangs a few weeks ago.  Wasn't even my hairspray, I don't own any!

- Scalp massages
* I have been doing these, but I think I need to do them for longer. I'd do 30secs when I should be doing 2-3 mins. I don't want to be rough on my hair though!

- No elastic bands
* Have been pretty good with this, but have needed to use them once or twice. But I had it very loose and not in a high pony with lots of pressure.

I'll be redoing this every month to keep myself accountable.
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2009 at 9:18am
Thanks for the checklist that really is alot of help and ill have to follow it :) I dont use tha tmuch heat on my hair other than straightening it a couple times. how long is ur hair right now? can u do a pony?
Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2009 at 4:45am
Little bit past my collorbone. I do have a pony, pretty decend one!
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2009 at 10:29am
That is great Ally. Keep gorwing. I do hope someday we will see pics of your lenght. Thanks for the updates.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2009 at 7:14pm
awwww im glad u have a nice pony. u should post pictures :) itd be nice.
Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2009 at 2:24am
I will post pictures when I get more length. I'll then post a starting and progress picture.

I must admit, I'm feeling a little guilty today. When getting ready to go out last night, my hair was frustrating me so much so I quickly and lightly curled my hair with a curling iron. Cry

This is what happens when you have 15mins to get ready.
Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2009 at 2:35am
Pic of the Day

Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2009 at 6:41am
Awwww dont feel guilty sometimes u get frustrated with ur hair and just have to do that. Im anxious to see progress pics for sure tho :) Any advice for me to do some styles with my hair now. My bangs are getting in my eyes and i dont know what to do with them :(
Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2009 at 3:37am
Well part from pinning it back, i'd probably use a wax to sort of make it do what I wanted.

I can sort of see that my virgin hair is slightly darker than my bleached hair that was been dyed my natural colour. I like how it looks!

I think my hair's looking better.... slowly.
Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2009 at 3:38am
Also, how much water does everyone drink everyday and when do you drink it?

I was thinking too that summer's coming up, I've never really cared before, but I'll be wearing a hat to shield it from the sun.
Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2009 at 6:42am
There's a girl at LHC who's hair grew 10 inches in 12 months!! Oh god I hope mine grows at least close to that. I'd be at my goal in like a year!
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2009 at 7:58am
thanks for the advice i will try some wax. whats some good brands? currently i use alot of headbands and bobbipins when im around the house.
omg 10 inches in a yr is amazing i think everyone wishes for that. ally we should measure our hair and compare every month. what do u think?
natorade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natorade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2009 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by Ally<3 Ally<3 wrote:

I was thinking too that summer's coming up, I've never really cared before, but I'll be wearing a hat to shield it from the sun.
I drink tons of water. I am not sure how much exactly, but I think about a case of water in 2 days. I drink it all day and night. I even take a water bottle with me to bed and leave it on my night stand.
natorade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natorade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2009 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by Ally<3 Ally<3 wrote:

Did you say that summer's coming up? where do you live? Do you live in Australia?
Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2009 at 3:46am
natorade, yes I do live in Australia!

I need to drink more water, I don't know why it's so hard. I think it's cause it's so cold at the moment. I hope I start to drink more as it warms up because it's so crucial!
Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2009 at 3:51am
Hair Pic of the Day

Edited by Ally<3 - September 07 2009 at 3:53am
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2009 at 4:19am
I agree. i need to drink more water as well. I heard it realy does help with the growth. I love the hair pic of the day too. I noticed that she has bangs in it. brings me to a topic lol: what do u think do u like bangs or do you like bangs all grown out one length long?
Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2009 at 5:49am
I love the look of straight bangs. I've had side swept bangs for literally as long as I can remember so I'm growing them out at the moment. I want all my hair long! lol
Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2009 at 5:50am
I wonder if I'll wake up one day and think "wow, my hair is actually long!"

Probably not because it's so gradual and such a long process.
Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2009 at 5:52am
LOL I dyed my clip-in hair extensions..... they are SO NOT the same colour as my hair. GRRR.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
  Share Topic