Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ally<3's Hair Journal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
natorade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natorade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2009 at 7:10pm
I can't get my hair to stop breaking. I can't cut it anymore or I will have no hair. Does yours break? If so, how do you prevent it?
Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2009 at 6:07am
natorade, yes mine breaks. Once you've done the sort of damage that I've done to mine, it won't stop until it grows out. Things that will help though are protein treatments, that will help to rebuild the hair shaft, and of course no heat and gentle when brushing.

I'm not lying when I say I have a chemical haircut!
Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2009 at 6:10am
Originally posted by Pburgh56 Pburgh56 wrote:

i think waist would be awesome for u esp with ur height and everything. whats the longest u ever had ur hair?
thanks for the advice too i know i have a big goal but i really hope i can go for it and achieve it. Mine is currently collar length which i think is good growth after starting at a buzz in january. what do u think?
to answer ur questionj when i go to bed i let my hair damp and just wake up and have a shaggy look. I know its not as long as urs tho.

Longest I've had it would be mid back. I loved my long hair and I miss it dearly!!!

Actually that's really amazing growth! Are you doing anthing special?
Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2009 at 6:11am
Hair Pic of the Day

Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2009 at 9:34am
thanks :) I hope ur hair gets really long agian too itll look great.
I think i had good growth myself so im hoping i can grow it to extreme lengths. My goal would be mid to lower back length or maybe even longer. what do u think for length and how should i style it once its long?
natorade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natorade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2009 at 3:22pm
i think i read that you have your hair dyed darker now€? what did you use to color it€? iam afraid mine is not going to hold onto the color when i have it died back to it's natural color. iam just anxious to get rid of this orange. sorry but my shift ket is broken so i can't capitalize anything
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2009 at 12:16am
THanks I actually never dyed my hair but i want to get highlights once its long. I think ur color will be great tho :) how long do u think i should go with my hair and how should i style it once its long?
Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2009 at 7:25pm
Pburgh, if you're at work i'd say a ponytail (depending on where you work) and for free time anything goes! That's what's great about long hair, you have so many options!

natorade, I got it done at the hairdressers. I was planning on doing it myself but I couldn't order the professional products. Because my hair was platinum, they had to put on what's called a filler, to add back warm tones and prevent the color turning green. The blow dried that into my hair, towled off the excess, then put the auburn brown on. It has faded alot, and I actually really like it now, she did it a bit darker because of this. I also got her to leave blonde "paint drips" out the add a bit of interest.
natorade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natorade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2009 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by Ally<3 Ally<3 wrote:

Pburgh, if you're at work i'd say a ponytail (depending on where you work) and for free time anything goes! That's what's great about long hair, you have so many options!

natorade, I got it done at the hairdressers. I was planning on doing it myself but I couldn't order the professional products. Because my hair was platinum, they had to put on what's called a filler, to add back warm tones and prevent the color turning green. The blow dried that into my hair, towled off the excess, then put the auburn brown on. It has faded alot, and I actually really like it now, she did it a bit darker because of this. I also got her to leave blonde "paint drips" out the add a bit of interest.
sorry to ask so many questions. i was curious if you went to a master colorist to get your color done or just a hairdresser that has a lot of experience with color. did they use a semi perm or permanent color? my moms friend that has been a hairdresser for 20 years had mentioned that i would need a filler for my hair but i have never had a hairdresser put a filler in my hair before and thats where my moms friend says they were going wrong. i would go to my moms friend but she lives in another state. i just want to be as knowledgable as i can when i go in to have the color put in. i am extremely paranoid now to have anyone touch my hair. i would just let the blonde grow out if it didn't have so much orange in it.
Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2009 at 12:44am
Pic of the Day

Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2009 at 12:52am
Originally posted by natorade natorade wrote:

sorry to ask so many questions. i was curious if you went to a master colorist to get your color done or just a hairdresser that has a lot of experience with color. did they use a semi perm or permanent color? my moms friend that has been a hairdresser for 20 years had mentioned that i would need a filler for my hair but i have never had a hairdresser put a filler in my hair before and thats where my moms friend says they were going wrong. i would go to my moms friend but she lives in another state. i just want to be as knowledgable as i can when i go in to have the color put in. i am extremely paranoid now to have anyone touch my hair. i would just let the blonde grow out if it didn't have so much orange in it.

I just went to my usual hairdressers, they had only ever done my roots there, and just one time because I did them myself. I had my extensions done there as well. She actually used a permanent colour. She actually asked me which one I wanted, but I could see the point in going for a semi if I wanted it to stay dark.

You will need a filler if:
-you're hair is porous, it will help hold the hair color longer
- if your hair color is uneven
-if you need to adjust the tone of your hair (in my case I went from cool blonde to warm brown, so they filler they put on was bright orange!)

Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2009 at 12:55am
I'll tell you what sucks? Waiting for hair to grow only to have to get it cut off!
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2009 at 1:07am
I saw ur above post why do u have to cut off all ur hair :( ? thanks for the input tho i def think a ponytal is my best option and i love how many options i have with long hair :) what are ur thoughts on buns and braids on guys?
Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2009 at 1:22am
Has anyone tried John Masters Organic shamoo? I just ordered some. Currently using Ojon.
Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2009 at 1:25am

I saw ur above post why do u have to cut off all ur hair :( ? thanks for the input tho i def think a ponytal is my best option and i love how many options i have with long hair :) what are ur thoughts on buns and braids on guys?

Because the ends are damaged! Frustrating!!! Cry

I think braids are cool but I've never seen a bun on a guy I don't think. You'll have to show us.
Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2009 at 1:26am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIKAfLv8Xfc

Edited by Ally<3 - August 30 2009 at 1:27am
natorade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natorade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2009 at 2:56am

I'll tell you what sucks? Waiting for hair to grow only to have to get it cut off!
oh boy do i know how you feel. my ends are still damaged and breaking off like crazy and i already have my hair cut to practically a pixie. that's why iam afraid to have anyone try and fix the color. i am so afraid they will damage what little bit of hair i have left, and i will have to shave it off. i am hoping so much that my hair color will be better by new years and it will have grown a bit for a better cut. i am suppose to go to london for new years and i really would hate to run into my old boyfriend with this horrendous hair of mine lol
natorade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natorade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2009 at 3:02am

pburgh56 i have aguy friend that has long curly hair his hair is probably at bsl he wears his hair in a bun all the time he wears it low kind of close to the nape of his neck and then her wears a knit cap. it actually looks nice.
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2009 at 7:51am

Ally I know what u mean about ends. they def are frustrating u put all that time into growing your hair really long only to get like an inch off because of ends. its like taking a step backward :( Braids are def cool and i can get some small ones now which are cool :) Ill def post some pics of a bun :) I have to wear one for work so I hope it turns out well. what styles do u do?

Natorade thanks for the feedback :) BSL is awesome  and im sooo glad his bun looks good. is it tight or messy? I know ill prob do a tight one at the base of my neck so i hope it turns out good :) does ur friend plan on growing his hair longer and with it curly does he ever straighten it?
smilinjenn71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2009 at 11:22am
Welcome to the boards and thank you for the hair inspiration pics.Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
  Share Topic