Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - my long boring hair needs a change.  any ideas??
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

my long boring hair needs a change. any ideas??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dark40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dark40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: my long boring hair needs a change. any ideas??
    Posted: October 18 2011 at 1:18pm
Yep!  I agree with Rosalie.  Don't cut it just to change it.  i would cut some wispy bangs, curl the front or top, and add some feathers to the top, sides, and the back leave it hanging long or add some curls to it.  Does your hair hold any curls?
Shannon D. Bax
Rosalie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosalie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2010 at 10:59am
Originally posted by hairguru hairguru wrote:

If you want a change, get it cut.  I wouldn't do anything too drastic...maybe just a few inches.  Does your hair hold curls well?  If so, you could always use some hot curlers.  Big, loose curls would really give you a new look and some volume!

If you're looking for a change, the worst thing to do is to cut it just a few inches.

I mean what benefit does that give you? It doesn't change the overall shape like a bob or pixie haircut, it's the same thing but slightly shorter. Much like with sound and loudness, a lot of people will perceive that as being inferior.

I can't understand how taking a few inches off would provide any kind of uplifting change.

I think a lot of women cut their hair to in between lengths and end up regretting it because it's neither here nor there. Medium length hair is really best paired with a specific style.
cwa14n3b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwa14n3b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2010 at 7:01pm
Have it angle cut at 90 degrees, with no more than two inches off the length. Try it for a couple months. Ask male coworkers their opinion. Let them share their thoughts. Older/fat jealous women will want to see you shorn. Even the married guys will tell you to keep it long. They hate to see a pretty lady they know go frumpy. They aren't making money off of cutting off your hair. Girls are mean to each other, while guys are brutally honest.
Just Me
hairguru View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairguru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2010 at 12:59pm
If you want a change, get it cut.  I wouldn't do anything too drastic...maybe just a few inches.  Does your hair hold curls well?  If so, you could always use some hot curlers.  Big, loose curls would really give you a new look and some volume!

Edited by hairguru - August 23 2010 at 10:42am
Sparrowhawk1161 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparrowhawk1161 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2010 at 8:32am
Bob may have a point!  Too drastic for a bob right away, though.  work you way to your hair style.  Hair grows slowly.  It's best to allow yourself to work into your hairsyle
Guys like me notice!
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2010 at 2:58pm
     Amy, why not try very long layers (be specific!) or wispy bangs? This might be enough of a change to please you. If not, next time go with a longer bob. Just my thoughts. Lighter highlights would really work for you as well! Bob Star
Sparrowhawk1161 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparrowhawk1161 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2010 at 10:37am
Ok?  From a guy to girl...long  hair?
Guys will always love long hair! They might not say it, but the average guy loves long hair.  It's the little boy in them.  For so long, they have had to find out what girls were all about.  The first they see is long hair..that's a girl!

You will never get away with anything different.  Guys want to know who you are...there first flance is hair.  If it's long...GIRL

Girls on the other hand see long hair as the norm.  It's what they all have.  Girls will tell you what they want to know and what they don't.  If their jeolous, they will tell you to cut it off.  If they want you among their friends they will tell you what you want to hear.   Don't listen to them!  The outside world is cruel and they don't mean anything

So what do you do?

As a guy who loves hair...I must ask you this?  Who do you want to please.  Threee things!

Guys
Girls
Yourself.

Messure them in importance.

I must be a guy... since that is what I am, so I will say long hair.  But how to live with it?  I don't have to wash it, condition it or make it presentable.  If I did...which I would happily say yes, since I love hair, your problems would be solved!  A personal hair dresser!

I gather you don't have the personal hairdesser?  Pity...his loss!

First...the obvious!

I can see highlights in your hair.  Pictures say a thousand words and since it's so hard to get a picture perfect image of your hair...I'd say those highlights are NOT a figment of my imagination!

Keep the highlights.  Next, you need some hair to frame your face.  You know the hair that takes the wind and gets in your face...which probably only happens in a gust right now.  That's pleasing to guys.  It can hide your eyes!  Make guys LOOK into those eyes.  You need to be able to hide those eys in a fraction of a second for playfulness.

Shorten up those bangs.  At the top go short.  You know at the brows. But this is only an inch or so.  Allow the bangs to get longer until they play with the rest of your long hair.

Imagine looking down.  Instead of your hair staying behind your shoulders...imagine the hair actually hiding your eyes.  Think of it like drapes.  You look toward the ground and and your ahir vreates a drape effect over your eyes. The lower your head, the more your hair shows it's true length.

Draw back...it will be in your eyes all the time.  Gain... your face will be framed making people look into your eyes.  These type of bangs will look fuller and give your hair more volume.

You could leave it like that.  Yet, your hair is quite straight.  Straight hair is in, so you could layer it.  If your hair is layered it will look as long as you have it now, but when you flip it over, your hair will be shorter.  That's because it's technically shorter!  But when you flip it back...all the hair layers itself and blends in to the length you have.  The ends of your hair will be a gradual length all the way down to wear you want it.

It won't be a one length cut...but, it will blend in!

Good points and bad points about layered hair!

Most are good!  Technically your hair is shorter...not as many split ends  It looks fuller...no flatness... but when you weare it it can appear down to your waist!  With those bangs..I'd say to die for.

Then, there is another side...mostly me, actually.  I know this is happening.  There's nothing better than a light hair fetish to tease you.  I know when you wet that mane, it must be a pleasing mop!  There's nothing wrong with teasing a man and showing the two feet of hair you have rinsing like a beaver pelt into the sink and waiting for all the water rinse out!  Waiting and waiting?

Do they notice...of course they do!  That's what makes girls and long hair go together...Most guys don't hair that long...so they wonder about these weird things!

BUt...is it a make it factor?

NO!  Guys would be pleased to see you with long hair.

I'm not a hair stylist...cutting all that stufff..So now!  You need to talk to the stylists on this site to understand how it should be cut in layers and the bangs.

STYLISTS CUT HAIR!  They will want it to go away.  They will tell you sweat nothings tell your ears bleed.  But, who are they TO TELL YOU WHAT YOU WANT?  Stick your ground!  Tell them what you want!  Not what they want!

Your hair is to die for!  Don't let them kill it!

But anyway...I'm just one guy and you have all those guys who only look at...you know?  But they do notice...deep down inside. As far as the other girls and what they want...attitude! Shut up!

As far as yourself?  That is what's important.  You have to deal with it.  This takes %50 of the weight.  Oops..hair pun!

But its true!  You have to wear it...it's your hair.

Now, you can judge all three aspects...Girls, guys and yourself!  Once you have thought about it enough...you are ready tomake a choice!

Good hair hunting!
Guys like me notice!
AmyA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmyA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2010 at 10:34pm
I currently have long hair & I'm looking for suggestions for a  change in style.

this is me. 

all ideas - long and short - are welcome - any feedback is appreciated.

please

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic