Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Men with long hair & insults

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
WelshDude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WelshDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2010 at 11:14pm
Lol I guess she was, it was her idea after all xD
thart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2010 at 8:05am
That is awesome. Did you like the look of it or not?
WelshDude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WelshDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2010 at 1:17pm
Meh it was alright, I didn't see anything too cool about it.
thart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2010 at 5:33pm
Thats still cool you got to experience it up im jealous
WelshDude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WelshDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2010 at 6:31pm
Can't you get someone to braid your hair for you?
thart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2010 at 11:25am
Yes but yours sounds so much longer than mine. It would make for a nicer braid
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2010 at 1:55pm
Hey WelshDude, there's a long hair support forum here, you may get more responses from people there who are used to dealing with long hair issues (Forum Jump at the bottom, under long hair happenings).

To answer your question...Bob S. over in long hair support just said something interesting today, that people get uncomfortable when you do things that don't follow the crowd. I guess society tries to make everyone be the same, so people feel its okay to make fun of those who do anything different. On top of that, some people even get an ego boost from it. If they say something that makes someone feel lesser, and people laugh, then they feel like the big man. When I see somebody do that, I just feel like they must have issues if they have to do that to somebody else....you know, like they needed the ego boost because secretly they don't feel so great.

Since people are just picking on you for the same thing, you can come up with some comebacks to have ready that shows them that they can't get to you. They will probably stop doing it if they know they can't bother you with that (except maybe close friends, who might then feel like they can say it more because you don't care). What I mean by that is, if you joke back at them, and don't sound angry, they will start to think you aren't bothered by what they said. If you ever get upset, they will know they can get to you and that brings out the bully in some people.

I don't tend to go for mean, (because I believe in karma, so I always feel people might get mean back with me), but hey, its your call how you want to respond to any person, and you may want to base it on how rude or mean they sounded when they said it to you. Like, if they call you a girl and just sound like they're joking, you can say "Oh yeah, I SO look like a girl, you just WISH you had this hair because you know the ladies LOVE IT!" and smile right back at them. You know, stuff like that. I think you just need to display confidence, people respect that.
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
WelshDude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WelshDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2010 at 3:08pm
Thanks for the long reply ^_^ and thanks for the link. I guess in the long run I just need to grow a pair xD Thanks again!
royalmewigs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote royalmewigs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2010 at 8:36pm

there are many useful points

serro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2010 at 3:39pm
its importand what you feel ;)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic