Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How long would you grow it?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
SnowWhite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SnowWhite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2003 at 9:28pm
Add me to those that are going for tailbone length.
?/35.5/ tailbone
curly hair
<><
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2003 at 11:35am
Here's how our gang is looking:

Waist length = 7 SuperGrover, CrazyGirl, Laine, Jacqui, Girl Tia, Benji the Sausage and Nez

Classic length = 1 Galadriel

Tailbone length = 2 Monica and SnowWhite

Ankle length = 2 AmandaPanda and Karrinne

Full potential length = 7 Jean, papillion_purple, Kintaro, Grenwich, Dave, RedJen and myself

Welcome to all the newbies and long may we all grow .
Uzi

TKDKix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TKDKix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2003 at 12:26pm
Right now my goal is bra-strap length, b/c it is only at my shoulders. I like little goals, vs. big ones that will depress me. I have always had a hard time growing my hair out, because I hated the awkward stages of growth. But now, the sky is the limit b/c I am past the point where I have funky layers everywhere!

Today not possible, tomorrow possible!
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2003 at 2:29pm
Hi TKDKix, welcome to the board! It's always nice to "see" new faces here. (this is mine: )

Small goals are an excellent idea. Whatever works for the individual is what works. And those "small" goals come with relatively brief intervals, too... it's always nice to celebrate their achievement.
wheeler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wheeler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2003 at 6:39pm
I was on a long hair site a few months ago and the author was saying something about how they didn't want to die without knowing how long their hair would grow. I think that unless it got very hard to manage or unhealthy looking I will let my hair grow until it stops. I think the perfect length for me would be classic length, but if i'm already there then why not go for a full head of hair?
Until you value yourself, you will not value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.
- M. Scott Peck
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2003 at 6:47pm
Hi Wheeler

I think we can re-write that old saying "Curiosity killed the cat" to read "Curiosity grew the longest locks".

I visit museums fairly regularly, being an dork and all, and see the Egyptian mummies, bog men and other examples of preserved (or not) human bodies.
It is notable how the hair survives the bones in many cases. Yet it is almost pure protein and should therefore decompose and decay away with the flesh.
Kind of long-lived is hair .

Sorry for the morbid topic .
Uzi

psycobitch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psycobitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2003 at 2:34am
I always thought even a BS would be nice, more than nice actually-wonderful!
But if I am beeing completely honest WAISTLENGHTWAISTLENGHTWAISTLENGHTfor me, thank you!
I´ll just have to wait and see if I´ll ever get there...

Uzma, to guote one a dear person;" Also there is one other element to add to it which is the small details of difference camouflaged on the big, absolute equity of days and nights,that in the end amounts to a chaotick progress, where and when you can not hold to a thing, to difference or sameness and really when you come out of it you do not which line you are in, why are you doing that and not this and how predictably unpredictable your life is,and so is your death."
So, morbid is not always bad- to correct a common mis-understanding.
Wings
Erinlynn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erinlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2003 at 4:51pm
I wouldnt mind letting it grow to the fullest potential...but again, at that point you end up haveing to wear it up =( There is no way I could keep my almost knee lenght hair out of the way and comfortable while working (i work outside, a wetland biologist), swimming, or just being myself. Even bellydanceing was a problem. You cant swing your hair around as well, it wraps around your head and then you look silly trying to fix it while danceing especialy if you have thick hair.

So for the sake of enjoyment I had to cut it. I want to dance about and let my hair be wild and free! So waist lenght is perfect. I actualy cut it shorter so that I could have a good portion to donate but it will be back to my waist soon enough.

ll_insomnia_ll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ll_insomnia_ll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2003 at 9:46pm
I don't want my hair to get any longer than mid-back length.. yup.
no
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2003 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by uzma uzma wrote:

I visit museums fairly regularly, being an dork and all, and see the Egyptian mummies, bog men and other examples of preserved (or not) human bodies.
It is notable how the hair survives the bones in many cases. Yet it is almost pure protein and should therefore decompose and decay away with the flesh.
Kind of long-lived is hair .

Sorry for the morbid topic .

Hi Uzi,

A few years ago there was a local newspaper report on a traveling exhibit of mummies from South America... I believe the mummies were estimated to be about 1400 years old... anyway, one of them, a woman, still had a shock of hair attached which was about 5 feet long. Yep, amazing how the hair lasts.
enfys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enfys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2003 at 1:12pm
Sorry, I'm kinda late posting here.My goal is prbably about 37", but I expect I'll reach it and go past it if I can because I always want to beat everyone I know at everything. Being competitive is in my blood. Whilst it sounds stupid, I want my hair to be long enough to put it in a plait that goes right around my head in a circle rather than crossing pigtails because it doesn't look as good. Only 10cm to go. Two questions though:
1. How long is 'classic length'
2. Where's your tailbone (note to self-listen to boilogy teacher more)?
Thanks for any help you can offer.
http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea
Ah-ha, a place I can soon add hair pics...once I do some
Karrinne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karrinne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2003 at 7:45pm
Answer to questions:
1. Classic length is at the bottom of your buttocks.

2. Your tailbone is the near the end of your spine, past your waist, near the top portion of your bottom.
hair today/hair tomorrow/hair always
??/37/52
See my hair at http://karrinne1960.tripod.com
enfys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enfys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2003 at 12:53pm
A-ha, thanks for that.. Hmm. So, because I'm quite short with long limbs, I'm past tailbone, and I suppose I'm aiming for classic length.
http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea
Ah-ha, a place I can soon add hair pics...once I do some
Gollan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gollan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2003 at 7:00pm
I'm glad this post popped back up because it has made me think about this question. I've been so concerned with getting my hair grown past my shoulders that I haven't given much thought to how long I want it. Minimum, mid back. If it looks reasonable I could go for the waist/belt level. (I'm a guy so I won't be talking about BSLs or tailbones :D).
cadensmama2002 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cadensmama2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2003 at 11:27pm
WAIST LENGTH!!!! i really dont think i cound get it longer than that and have it healthy...but i'm sure gonna try!!!
Viineman View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2003 at 1:33pm
I'm tempted to let my hair grow down to my waist (Like Metallicas new Bassist Robert, he has cool hair) but unless I get rich I probably won't. I think I'd have it down to the middle of my back. It's very wavy so it's slow to grow.
Benji the Sausage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benji the Sausage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2003 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by Viineman Viineman wrote:

I'm tempted to let my hair grow down to my waist (Like Metallicas new Bassist Robert, he has cool hair) but unless I get rich I probably won't. I think I'd have it down to the middle of my back. It's very wavy so it's slow to grow.

i saw some dude at ozzfest with hair like that. he actually looked like metallicas bassist, and he was with some guy who looked like KoRns guitarist. And they both looked and had the same hair as the guys in the bands. I'm bad with names....

it was kindof amusing. The guy with the really long hair looked like he put a lot of effort into it. It was really nice and shiney. The other guys hair scared me. It was just. wrong.

Nearly every guy there had long hair anyway.

however at the warped tour which i am never going to again, everyone had short hair (guys and girls. cept for a few) and everyone had at least ONE part of their hair dyed.

i think im the only one who goes to concerts and analyzes hair between bands.

oh. I changed my mind. I'm growing it to classic length now.
BSL/Blonde/Chemically Treated (abused)
1b/cMii
I swear by Redken Extreme and Shea Butter.
Viktoria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viktoria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2003 at 7:04pm
I said, when I started growing it out, that I want to see how long it will get. Now, at mid-back, I realize the work that goes in to keeping it nice-looking. But all it takes is some information and a change of rutines. During the summer I have really worked with conditioners (didn´t even use them before!), oils, tools and sleeping habits now it actually looks pretty healthy again.

I guess the reason I want to check the length is that my dad always said that we didn´t have the genes for long hair in our family. He was dead sure we (or more particularly I, who had that ambition already as a kid) couldn´t even get it to waistlength. So I guess I have something to prove, in a way.

And when my curiosity is satisfied, I believe classic length would be the most becoming for me.

I hope everyone gets to the lengths they aspire to!
The more you complain, the longer God lets you live.
Anne-Loes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anne-Loes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2003 at 7:31am
I reached my goal of waist-length hair but I need about 10"more to be able to sit on my hair. What shall I do? I'm doubting for month's already.

Anne-Loes
Steen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2003 at 8:05pm
Hrmmmm, I'm at Classic length now... I believe I would like to go to at least mid-thigh. If it's still goin well from there, then i'll keep on. My mom had mid-calf (idolizing Ms. Gayle ), so I think I'll be able to keep going for a while.
42.5" Nut Brown Bluntcut
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic