Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

best weft adhesive method?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
glitterchic74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glitterchic74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: best weft adhesive method?
    Posted: May 29 2011 at 9:47am
Hi all,
I am new to this forum, maybe posted a while back under a different name but I couldn't remember that password...

Can anyone weigh in on the best adhesive combination they have found for caucasian hair attaching wefts? Currently, I am just using supertape which is so easy to remove with nail polish remover but it only holds a week or two....I am thinking about putting vapon no tape on the supertape side which I attach to my exisiting hair....anyone have a good adhesive method that last a month or so for them?
Also, my existing hair is a bob length and I sew 2 or three wefts together and do about 4 rows....thanks all!
EmmaSkye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaSkye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2011 at 1:44am
I think with any method you use, your body chemistry and the products you use play a big part in how long your extensions last.

I am currently using SHE hair from Ebonyline. I have had it in a week. Its a human hair blend and its $20 for 18" wefts. Yes, thats right, I said $20! You get what you pay for right? Well this hair is amazing. It doesn't come in a silky straight, but a yaki straight so its a little course, but it blends very well with my own hair. I just trimmed the ends tonight because they were getting a little frizzy but otherwise this hair is holding out better than hair Ive spent $100 on. I wash it, blow dry it and use a straightener on it and its holding up great. My only one complaint is that is does shed, but then every brand of hair Ive ever tried had shed. I think alot of it has to do with the products Im currently using.

I applied it with Supertape from Hair Direct and have had them in for a week. I shower everyday, but only wash my hair every other day and Im also using Nearly Natural Soy products from Hair Direct. I have been swimming and in a hot tub and the tape is still holding like a dream. Im hoping for 3-4 weeks of wear. My scalp is naturally oily and I think the products Im using are helping in the longevity of the tape and the hair both.

Ive been away from the message board for a long time, and glad to be back. If you want to know more about the products Im using, please email me.

Emma
DoctoredLocks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DoctoredLocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2011 at 9:46pm
Liquid Gold is awesome and can last up to 5 weeks with proper care! Check out our tutorials www.doctoredlocks.com

linda009 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linda009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2011 at 5:27pm
I love Liquid Gold
dlcombs8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dlcombs8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2011 at 7:36am
Sandwich the wefts in between double-sided tape (proflex & supertape are good) with a bit of liquid gold. This method lays very flat to the scalp and lasts for 6 to 8 weeks. Use up to one, two or three wefts depending on the volume you want. For the back of my head I use up to three wefts in between the tape for the sides and towards my crown I only use one or two. This method is easy to do and will not damage your hair.
Cheers!
Dawn Combs
www.myhouseofhairextensions.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic