Print Page | Close Window

best weft adhesive method?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Extension Topics
Forum Name: Hair Extensions
Forum Description: Hair Extensions can be the quick fix for short hair.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=68607
Printed Date: May 19 2024 at 7:51pm

Topic: best weft adhesive method?
Posted By: glitterchic74
Subject: best weft adhesive method?
Date Posted: May 29 2011 at 9:47am
Hi all,
I am new to this forum, maybe posted a while back under a different name but I couldn't remember that password...

Can anyone weigh in on the best adhesive combination they have found for caucasian hair attaching wefts? Currently, I am just using supertape which is so easy to remove with nail polish remover but it only holds a week or two....I am thinking about putting vapon no tape on the supertape side which I attach to my exisiting hair....anyone have a good adhesive method that last a month or so for them?
Also, my existing hair is a bob length and I sew 2 or three wefts together and do about 4 rows....thanks all!

Replies:
Posted By: EmmaSkye
Date Posted: August 31 2011 at 1:44am
I think with any method you use, your body chemistry and the products you use play a big part in how long your extensions last.

I am currently using SHE hair from Ebonyline. I have had it in a week. Its a human hair blend and its $20 for 18" wefts. Yes, thats right, I said $20! You get what you pay for right? Well this hair is amazing. It doesn't come in a silky straight, but a yaki straight so its a little course, but it blends very well with my own hair. I just trimmed the ends tonight because they were getting a little frizzy but otherwise this hair is holding out better than hair Ive spent $100 on. I wash it, blow dry it and use a straightener on it and its holding up great. My only one complaint is that is does shed, but then every brand of hair Ive ever tried had shed. I think alot of it has to do with the products Im currently using.

I applied it with Supertape from Hair Direct and have had them in for a week. I shower everyday, but only wash my hair every other day and Im also using Nearly Natural Soy products from Hair Direct. I have been swimming and in a hot tub and the tape is still holding like a dream. Im hoping for 3-4 weeks of wear. My scalp is naturally oily and I think the products Im using are helping in the longevity of the tape and the hair both.

Ive been away from the message board for a long time, and glad to be back. If you want to know more about the products Im using, please email me.

Emma

Posted By: DoctoredLocks
Date Posted: August 31 2011 at 9:46pm
Liquid Gold is awesome and can last up to 5 weeks with proper care! Check out our tutorials www.doctoredlocks.com

-------------

Posted By: linda009
Date Posted: September 12 2011 at 5:27pm
I love Liquid Gold

Posted By: dlcombs8
Date Posted: November 05 2011 at 7:36am
Sandwich the wefts in between double-sided tape (proflex & supertape are good) with a bit of liquid gold. This method lays very flat to the scalp and lasts for 6 to 8 weeks. Use up to one, two or three wefts depending on the volume you want. For the back of my head I use up to three wefts in between the tape for the sides and towards my crown I only use one or two. This method is easy to do and will not damage your hair.

-------------
Cheers!
Dawn Combs
www.myhouseofhairextensions.com

Print Page | Close Window