Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Please, No more animal testing!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sherry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please, No more animal testing!!!
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:38pm
Hello everyone,I just thought that I should bring up a topic that I hold very dear to my heart-- I just can't understand why there are STILL companies out there who endorse animal testing! It is true that most of the "salon brand" comapnies have discouraged such a practice, but the fact is that most of the population does not buy their products at a salon. Rather, they purchase the many store brands that engage in cruel animal tests-- such as the BIG named Pantene brand, among others. Now, I do realize that it can be difficult to avoid all companies who animal test or use animal by-products (since so many still do). However, one should take it upon themselves to do WHATEVER they can. There really is no need for this type of testing to go on anymore in an age of such inreadable technology. I have made a pledge to myself to avoid those brands who animal tests WHENEVER I can, and I ask all of you out there to try and do whatever it is that you can do to help irradicate this cruel and unjust practice!Sherry
Regina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:38pm
I am completely in agreement with your opinion! I encourage everyone to buy hair products from companies who do not test on animals (the info is on every bottle or container). There are tons of brands who do not test on animals and there is a product line for every price range. Please remember what you promote by using products that test on animals!!!!!!!Regina
wild orhcid salon san luis obispo
H. Taylor View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H. Taylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:38pm
Beautifully said!!!
Simone.(C) View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simone.(C) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:38pm
>Having 3 cats,1 dwarf rabbit,1chook, &2 cockateils you can safely say I love animals, in Australia we choose cruelty free products as they have a booklet listing everything as in soaps, hair & body care, toothpaste & some more, the only thing that annoys me is I recently found out that the companies listed pay a HUGE amount of cash to promote their products in the cruelty free booklet, & also a LOT of other brands are cruelty free but refuse to pay large amounts of cash, so now I ASK the companies to send me a letter proving they do not test on animals 99% are more than happy to endorse me with a letter, & I'm sure they would not do this if they did animal test as this would leave them open for the public to sue or rally against, still I only buy a product with the bunny logo(cruelty free)!!!!!Bye,Simone.(C).Beautifully said!!!
Holly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:39pm
I agree with Sherry, and it WAS beautifully put! I have to admit that I do use color that is tested on animals, but I don't know of any brands that don't? Any suggestions (not Clairol, because I already know they do). Thanks!> Beautifully said!!!
Kat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:39pm
> I agree with Sherry, and it WAS beautifully put! I> have to admit that I do use color that is tested on> animals, but I don't know of any brands that don't?> Any suggestions (not Clairol, because I already know> they do). Thanks!Holly, in response to your quest for cruelty free hair color-PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) has a web site and they post a list of companies that do not test their products on animals. This list is updated every few months. It's a great resource for me, because I refuse to buy ANY products that are tested on animals. It is an ongoing quest for me as I am a vegetarian and do not wear or use any leather. Don't give up! The internet is a wonderful tool and there are books and magazines with information-be persistent and you'll find what you want.
Holly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:39pm
Thanks Kat for the advice-I'll look at the page.Holly
Rebecca View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebecca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:46pm
Matrix is now owned by Bristol-Myers-Squibb who definitely does animal testing. It makes me mad major product lines are selling out. Aveda has sold out also to Este Lauder who does animal testing also. Just my 2 cents.> Hello everyone,> I just thought that I should bring up a topic that I> hold very dear to my heart-- I just can't understand> why there are STILL companies out there who endorse> animal testing! It is true that most of the> "salon brand" comapnies have discouraged> such a practice, but the fact is that most of the> population does not buy their products at a salon.> Rather, they purchase the many store brands that> engage in cruel animal tests-- such as the BIG named> Pantene brand, among others. Now, I do realize that it> can be difficult to avoid all companies who animal> test or use animal by-products (since so many still> do). However, one should take it upon themselves to do> WHATEVER they can. There really is no need for this> type of testing to go on anymore in an age of such> inreadable technology. I have made a pledge to myself> to avoid those brands who animal tests WHENEVER I can,> and I ask all of you out there to try and do whatever> it is that you can do to help irradicate this cruel> and unjust practice!> Sherry
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic