Topic Closedabout Diane from Canada----

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sworf View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Topic: about Diane from Canada----
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:37pm
You know, even perfect strangers can learn a lot about a person from their posts over time. I've been silently lurking these hair boutique boards for 2 years now. All I can say is that this is one honey of a self-absorbed, stubborn, fiesty, proud and arogant, antagonistic, man-hating, entertaining and troubled woman........You just gotta love her!
Noreen View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:37pm
I think you forgot a few...how about caring, loyal, supportive, protective, sensitive, creative, kind, sincere, expressive and honest. And those of us that have taken the time to know Diane and call her friend *DO* love her and respect her. So, please let's be nice here. This is a *hair* politics board. Not a people bashing board. The things you have just said about Diane are hurtful. What has she ever done to you to make you want to attack her like that? I think *this* says alot about what type of person you are.> You know, even perfect strangers can learn a lot about> a person from their posts over time. I've been> silently lurking these hair boutique boards for 2> years now. All I can say is that this is one honey of> a self-absorbed, stubborn, fiesty, proud and arogant,> antagonistic, man-hating, entertaining and troubled> woman....> ....You just gotta love her!
Jena View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
I first found this board after cutting several inches from my hair and feeling rather lousy about it, and Diane and I corresponded privately. She had nothing but very warm, generous, heartfelt words for me. And you'll notice that often in potentially volatile threads, she's the first one to step in and try and calm things down.She's also human. It sounds like some recent discussions have reproduced some very personal, unpleasant memories for her. That pain can be expressed in different ways. It's none of my business, and I don't know the whole story (and probably don't want to know, either), but I felt sorry for the way JerkyFlea was treated and also for the pain that Diane was feeling.Speaking of hair, it's time to go wash mine this morning! :-)
john View Drop Down

> You know, even perfect strangers can learn a lot about> a person from their posts over time. I've been> silently lurking these hair boutique boards for 2> years now. All I can say is that this is one honey of> a self-absorbed, stubborn, fiesty, proud and arogant,> antagonistic, man-hating, entertaining and troubled> woman....> ....You just gotta love her!Yes it is amazing what you can learn. Let's go through this one by one:self-absorbed- your statement says the same.stubborn- yes she is and so are a lot of other people.fiesty- thank god for that.proud- see answer above.arrogant- learn to spell it first then define it.entertaining- oh yes she is.troubled- I don't see it, I see a woman who knows she has problems and is doing her best to correct them.gotta love her- damm straight.the rest of your statement does not even need to be defined. You forgot to include a few things though,loving,caring,willing to help others in other words a fine person who is willing to give her opinion when asked or when she feels the need to. Maybe you should stop lurking and start saying what you feel on this board so we can get to know what you are like. If you want to discuss hair politics fine, if not then shut up and leave the rest of us alone. Johnp.s. what kind of handle is sworf j.m.p.p.s. sorry about this little missive to Karen and Jeff but he has managed to piss me off. j.m.
Diane from Canada View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:38pm
> I feel sorry that that human being that couldn't find anything nice to say . So much to say on the hair topic and he/she could only find a way to attack another human being.In one short post we all learn what type of person that person is really all about.Anyways John thanks for your kindness.
Unregistered
Unregistered
>>Hello Noreen:My mother use to say that you know if you are alive when people talk about you lolThanks Noreen for our friendship.
Unregistered
Unregistered
>Well I see it got a bit hairy this weekend lolNot everyday that one turns on the computer and finds a thread about yourself with such hatred and then find some very supportive kind people responding to it.My first thought was it was very sick puppy and my second thought was it was a stalker of some kind that is shaking in their boots thinking that it victim will tell on them. Like I said the National inquiry would like you know lolthanks for our friendship Jena.
Jeffrey Hines View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sworf,Normally if I catch this kind of message before there are responses to it, I would just delete it immediately. However, in this case I didn't. But in a way I kinda of glad because you get to see how much the Hair Boutique visitors love Diane.Jeff.
Jeffrey Hines
HairBoutique.com
Jade21 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Lurking in the shadows...with nothing to say.....Bashing folks you don't even have the courtesy to address in the issues at hand....What A Coward You Are.....**Jade**You know, even perfect strangers can learn a lot about> a person from their posts over time. I've been> silently lurking these hair boutique boards for 2> years now. All I can say is that this is one honey of> a self-absorbed, stubborn, fiesty, proud and arogant,> antagonistic, man-hating, entertaining and troubled> woman....> ....You just gotta love her!
Unregistered
Unregistered
It is too bad because Sworf living in philadelphia could have shared with us how the climate affect hair and if there are more short hair ladies then long hair ladies in that area and etc.There is so much this person could have contributed in any of our discussions.The way I see Jade 21 it is not everyday that the subject can actually respond to the post lolI really don't feel like I am more special for having a thread started about me lol
Dave View Drop Down

The person using the handle "Sworf" has also posted on Hair Boutique's "Celebrity Hair Spray" discussion board under the names of "Aspic," and "Rich," providing his e-mail address as richstadler@hotmail.com and svenhair@hotmail.comWell sir, since you have demonstrated your willingness to openly share your opinion of Diane, then you certainly won't mind if I reflect for a moment on a few of your expressed opinions? Certainly many other people here have already expressed their thoughts regarding your comments about Diane, so presumably you have heard the chorus, yes?As "Rich" (svenhair@hotmail.com) in http://www.hairboutique.com/chstbg.pl?read=311 you wrote the following comments regarding Rene Russo:> Well, It might be hard to communicate the look to an> unwary unhep stylist.Unhep? My, a bit pretentious there, Rich.> The color is getting the nod too. Granted Louis is a color genius...An ingratiating stroke. Careful Rich, your nose is getting brown.> The industry at large needs a real color (chemical> services) trend right now to supplement the loss of perm> revenue from the current straight hair quagmire.Quite a revealing statement about the crass nature of the hairstyling industry. The conflict of interest would seem to damage the credibility of the industry's advice on styles, given the potential income to be reaped from "unwary" consumers. So the informed realize it's a way to induce the transfer of large sums of money ($130 a pop?!) to stylists?> it's a real showstopper and all-in-all a very sexy haircut.> Other wise how could you explain all this attention?Easy. (1) Hype, hype, hype, and (2) Rene Russo, no matter her hair, is an attractive-looking woman -- and a former model.Dave
David M Squires
bb View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
> You know, even perfect strangers can learn a lot about> a person from their posts over time. I've been> silently lurking these hair boutique boards for 2> years now. All I can say is that this is one honey of> a self-absorbed, stubborn, fiesty, proud and arogant,> antagonistic, man-hating, entertaining and troubled> woman....> ....You just gotta love her!HEY SMURF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!The last thing I want to hear from anybody is BAD stuff about one of the NICEST people I know......DIANE!!!!!!!!GO back lurking, asshole!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep harassing people that I care about and I WILL FIND YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!bb
Unregistered
Unregistered
VEry good work Dave. YOu are a real gentleman.
Unregistered
Unregistered
> HEY SMURF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!> The last thing I want to hear from anybody is BAD> stuff about one of the NICEST people I> know......DIANE!!!!!!!!> GO back lurking, asshole!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep harassing> people that I care about and I WILL FIND> YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!> bbDear bb:When I read the word smurf I almost off my chair laughing so hard. IN fact I actually did leave my computer because I couldn't stop laughing. I never did like the smurf cartoons. lolThanks for being my friend bb.
Young L da Kid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2004 at 11:52pm
Bill W View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2004 at 5:46pm
Jeffrey, you are right. Sitting back and letting the board members toast the troll was a nice way to let Diane know that she has friends and the board members won't tolerate their rude behavior. Sounds let Sworf got a little bored under his bridge and found a computer with an internet connection.
BTW greetings Diane, don't waste your time looking under bridges for this troll.
I heard a good joke today.
Q: What is the difference between sworf and a catfish?
A: One is an ugly, smelly, trash eating, bottom feeder, and the other is a fish.
Hope you enjoy the laugh.
Young L da Kid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2004 at 3:59pm
lol
Captain japonica View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2004 at 12:52pm
And you appear to be so insecure that you have to attack someone over the internet to bolster your weak ego. Your point?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic