Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tipping question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
strawberryblond View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strawberryblond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tipping question
    Posted: May 29 2000 at 7:59pm
I am new to this board and I saw some questions on tipping, so I thought I would add mine - hope it doesn't seem too silly. My question is, is there a proper "etiquette" to how you give your stylist his/her tip? I always feel awkward. I go to a large salon where there is a receptionist. I usually hand my stylist his tip, but he always seems a little surprised or something, like that's not how it's done. Sometimes I just leave it at his station, but he looks back at me like, "what are you doing?" so I feel maybe this is not appropriate either! Should I give it to the receptionist? Previous to this I went to a small salon where I just handed the stylist my tip as there really wasn't another option. This is a very trendy, "hip" salon, and so I am a little intimidated to ask! I have tried observing what others do, but the stations are so separated that it is hard to do. Thanks for any help!
dianefromcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2000 at 11:47pm
Over here in Canada we have bank cards and when we use them there is function on the machine that ask if we would like to leave a tip and how much so I key it in. The money is then taken out and given to the stylist.
The other day my youngest had a haircut and I sent him back to see his stylist with the tip. I have done it both ways and it was acceptable.

Diane from Canada
dianefromcanada
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic