Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A Fun Game

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>
Author
Punzel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Punzel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2003 at 8:12pm
the Beach. most definitely.

Fresh Water or Ocean?

punzel
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2003 at 8:38pm
Hi All!

Fresh...Fresh...Fresh, been to the East Coast, Gulf & West Coast and not once did I swim in any of them...I think I'm chicken...??? Of what I don't know.
I grew up on Lake Michigan so I'm not afraid of big bodies of water....I love Lake Mich.

OK, it's your last meal...
Red Meat? White Meat? Fish? Or...Only Botanically based Food? You can only pick one. (and fish can include sea food)
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2003 at 3:09am
Je voudrais un Plateau de Fruites de Mer.

Seafood platter, on a rare hot (slightly breezy) day on the Brittany coast. The delicacies before me having been freshly caught under an hour ago.
Well it is my last supper!!

Which element do you feel most akin to, and why:

Earth, Fire, Air, Water or Ether?
Uzi

hairalways View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairalways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2003 at 8:20am
The EARTH!!! I love it. I love it's ability to produce Beautiful fruits and flowers. The way it rolls up into high peaks and down low into canyons and rivers. I love that it allows me to tread on it with my feet and go as far as I want to go without anything but a backpack. Most of all I love it's solidity and stability ( can you guess I don't live in california!)

Now, for my question. I am an Architect and so styles of Architecture are something I love to study.
If you could build a dream home would it be a huge victorian mansion with lots of high pitched roofs and turrets, A rolling spanish/mediterannean villa with lots of courtyards and colonnades, or a cool California style home with lots of glass, flat roof decks and steel railings?

Jacqui ( Guess which one I love? Spanish!!)
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2003 at 12:50pm
Hi Punzel, Sophie, Uzma, Jacqui et al,

Sophie...I adore the ocean. When I am absolutely mentally fried...I love to go to the ocean and sit on the beach and just zone out on the waves. I like to get a room where I can sleep with the sound of waves in my ears. The beach is where I get all my inspiration. BUT.....I never ever swim in the ocean or even stick my feet in. I am with you on that one.

And Uzma...I love the Brittany coast and have been there. Actually I spent a lovely time in England some years back and went to as much of the coast as possible. So lovely. Just breathtakingly beautiful.

As for the answer to Jacqui......I would select Spanish. Yes, I know I love the beach, but why not a beautiful Spanish style beach home? I just love Spanish architecture. So intricate and gorgeous.

Now my question since we talking about food and oceans etc...........calamari or escargot........

Best wishes,
Karen

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2003 at 1:07pm
Froma hair-growers perspective, that's a tough choice, Ms Shelton.

Calamari is caught in lagoons and contains iodine and is almost pure protein - which are good for hair growth.

Escargot is traditionally fed an exclusive Rosemary diet for 5 days before being boiled to death in order to detox itself of slime. Rosemary is a reputed hair-growth stimulant (topically and internally) and of course our little buddies are also protein-packed.

I will go for Calamari on the basis that I have killed too many snails in my garden (not deliberately) and they will get their vengance one day if I give them the opportunity.

Norse mythology (Odin, Ragnarok, Loki)

- or -

Celtic mythology (Druids, Tuatha deDanaan, the Faerie folk)
Uzi

Rachel A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachel A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2003 at 9:55pm
OK...I'll try this one. Celtic Mythology. You can't think of the ancient Celtic people without going all the way back to the Roman Empire. They invaded Rome and almost conquered them. The Romans called the Gauls.
I also like the idea ok Leprecans and Fairies.

How about a romantic dinner for two at an expensive resturant or romantic dinner at home.
"Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all"
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2003 at 8:57am
At home, but not indoors.

In the garden with some large candles partly buried in the ground. A persian carpet and some silk cusions on the lawn, and...and....

OK. Fellow Brits and all you Anglophiles out there:

Fish 'n' Chips - or - Bangers 'n' Mash?
Uzi

Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2003 at 12:56pm
Fish n Chips. OMG. Sooooooooooo good in Englad. The best I have ever had. Other than the beer which is also outstanding. :-)

While I like the mashed part I never really had a hankering for the bangers. Don't ask me why.

And since we are on the subject of food....

Oreos or Hydrox?

A different difference. I actually prefer the double stuff Oreos which are the absolute WORST but they taste soooooooooooo good. :-)

Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2003 at 1:26pm
Oreos all the way. I used to polish off an entire bag in one sitting back when I could do that (in college) and never gain a pound. Amazing. And kinda disgusting.

Continuing the British food discussion, Uzma, here are a couple of questions for you: A tour guide said in the UK salads are based on carrots, not lettuce? Is this true or was she misinformed?

Also....I'm almost afraid to ask this, but I have........do you know what Wheatabix is? I've started seeing it in the states now too so perhaps it's not a UK product. But eight years ago I was in London and tried this slimey cereal and was sick--no joke--for two days afterward. The next stop on the tour was Russia, where the food can be...well, exotic...so I didn't feel well for an entire week! Thought I'd ask to satisfy my curiosity, because for the last eight years not a month goes by I don't think about that awful stuff!

Solarium, aquarium or planetarium?

(I'm running out of ideasarium.)
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2003 at 1:54pm
Salads based on carrots? No way. I’ve lived here for 30 years and never come across a carrot-based salad.
Typically, British salads are a lettuce+tomato+cucumber combo.
However, the influence of Mediterranean gastronomy in the past decade has taken us into salad heaven. That dreaded LTC combo is only found in remote villages that no longer have a post office.
Neo-British salad ingredients include: rocket (argula), char-grilled asparagus, sun-dried tomatoes, artichokes preserved in extra virgin olive oil, Spanish onions, avocados and a large variety of exotic leaves. Thank heavens.

(WARNING: don’t read the next paragraph if you are about to eat or have just eaten or work for a cereal company that starts with the letter K)
Yeah – Wheatabix. This nasty stuff is like heroine for carbohydrate junkies. I think it is make by a certain U.S cereal company (Mr K). I don’t think you can hold the Brits responsible for this particular form of torture. It hit my fledgling digestive system at age 10 and I had to find solace in chocolate and mashed potatoes with mayonaisse. Yes – it’s that flaked dehydrated wheat cake that is expanded in the cereal bowl with milk and sugar, and expands further inside the intestines. It’s slimy on the way down and makes you constipated.
I feel for you Lyris. Wheatabix followed by Ruskie grub is a nightmare-scenario. Wouldn’t wish it on the worst.

PLANETARIUM!!!!

Which planet are you – and why?

Mars
Venus
Mercury
Jupiter
Neptune
Saturn
Uranus
Pluto
Uzi

Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2003 at 6:08pm
Weatabix...hmmm. Ok, am I the only one who wishes they would come out with just the Oreo's cookie.... none of that nasty "crisco" sugar mixture in the middle????
I used to scrape that junk out of the middle and eat the cookie part dunked in milk. sorry guy's

At the risk of sounding booring ~~Venus with a little Red Planet thrown in for balance.

Flowers??

Roses? Daisies? Geranium? Orchid? Trillium? Or, What's your own Fave? and What color f it applies.
Kintaro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kintaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2003 at 6:08pm
Venus.

Translated from Japanese, Golden planet [Kinsei, same Kin as in Kintaro]. (despite it being yellow)

And it's 460 degrees at maximum, and it doesn't drop in temperature like Mercury. Hottest planet in SS.

Plus all that CO2 is suffocating, like life.

close-time post.

A floating chrysanthemum. Sometihng that can hug the water and be in full beauty.

Desktop or lap-top computers ?
I hate all of the following and lots more : Fundamentalists, racists, sexists, fascists, ageists (people saying seniors = senile , kids = stupid , 18 = immature or a combo of them), and bigots for causes yet to receive their own designation.
Brent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2003 at 7:03pm
The desktp, laptop computer question was already asked and answered on this thread.
I'll answer it again, Desktop.

Pine trees or Palm trees,(we can grow both in California)???
Rachel A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachel A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2003 at 10:06pm
Palm Trees. I live on the coast and we grow both trees here. Even our off shore islands have pine trees. My family spends a lot of time traveling to the Carribean and the Palms here always remind me of the islands there. We're into diving so we vacation at a lot of dive resorts.

Dogs or cats?
"Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all"
Orc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2003 at 11:00am
It is really a fun game.
Have been reading the last six pages.

I would definitely say cat

Oh, I am so excited to ask

Blonde hair or hair black?
Blijf luisteren naar je lichaam en haar!
Kintaro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kintaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2003 at 1:18pm
Black. Blonde is bleh, and my shade of brown looks kinda poopy.

Orc, side note, you might want to resize your sig. There is a width limit. Look at mine, it shouldn't be wider than that normally :P

White or grey ?
I hate all of the following and lots more : Fundamentalists, racists, sexists, fascists, ageists (people saying seniors = senile , kids = stupid , 18 = immature or a combo of them), and bigots for causes yet to receive their own designation.
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2003 at 1:19pm
Yrch

Morna finde mene, nan laurea finde eldain……

...meaning, black hair on us (the race of men), but golden hair for Elves.

My question is, what language was the above written in?

Czech
Tengwar
Sindarin
Sinhalese
Quenya
Uzbek

We seem to be running out of ideas, so I thought we should just start making things a little challenging - LOL.
Uzi

Isla Q. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isla Q. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2003 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by Kintaro Kintaro wrote:

White or grey ?

Completely depends on the person wearing it, of course. Generally speaking though, I'd have to say white.

I'm afraid I'll have to leave that language question for someone else, I don't have a clue what it is!
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2003 at 3:08pm
I guess that is an unfairly difficult question...although I know of at least two people who frequent these boards that are able to answer it correctly.

OK - different question.

There is a new "Diet Days" board on HairTalk, moderated by the amazing Elissa.
Elissa has been discussing weight-gain "triggers".

So my question is, what drives you to stuffing yourself with ice cream/chocolate/whatever your weakness is in respect of 'junk' food?

Greed?
Negative emotions? (incl. depression & boredom)
Toxic people? (my mother drives me to chocolate!!)
Bad hair day?
Other?
Uzi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>
  Share Topic