Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Texturizer for fine hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Solo35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Solo35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Texturizer for fine hair?
    Posted: June 06 2001 at 7:12pm
Does anyone know of a good product that I can use on my fine, mid-chin legnth hair that would give me some seperation and texture? (a la Meg Ryan) I have tried Sheer Blonde Funky Chunky, didn`t work, I have also tried Kiehls silk groom creme (makes it look oily and weighs it down) I am in the process of growing out my hair and stuck in a boring rut, any help would be appreciated.

Lisa
Hair Fanatic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hair Fanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2001 at 12:51pm
The Sheer Blonde line is absolutely wonderful! I love it. Instead "Funky Chunky," try using the "Spun Gold Shaping and Highlighting Balm." It`s in the flat, round container. It works great. I use it to separate my bangs and give my face framing layers some texture. Also, it gives the hairs you apply it to a shiny, golden look. On the back of the container, it says "In minutes, add shape, shine, and glamour to any style. Instantly gives hair a modern finish and a sparkling, sun-kissed shimmer." Try it! It sounds exactly like what you`re looking for.
Lisa :-)
Solo35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Solo35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2001 at 5:14pm
Reply to message: 16.82.1
Thanks, Lisa, I believe I will try it out.

Lisa
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2001 at 8:31am
I tried it and had a horrible experience. It took five washings with DISHWASHING detergent to get it out of my hair (even clarifying shampoo wouldn`t work). Be really, really careful if you have fine hair! Pommades and waxes just won`t work. The hair is too light weight and will just get weighed down and greasy. You are better served using a light hairspray or some very light gel to get the same result.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
Marnie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2001 at 11:54am
My hairstylist has pretty fine hair and she uses Rusk Radical Cream to give it texture/separation and thickness. I was using Rusk Wired for my thicker hair & liked that, but am just starting to try the Radical Cream... I like it so far. It is not heavy and can hold my style well. Both mix well with mousse, too.

I also use KMS molding paste - after using the Wired or Rad. cream - and that helps to hold the style even longer (my hair is heavy & straight, so it tends to flatten out). It is good when used lightly - gives nice separation and lift - but, heavy & greasy when too much is used. Smells good, too... yum! :)

Hope that helps!
Marnie
Solo35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Solo35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2001 at 4:27pm
Reply to message: 16.97.1
Well I tried the Sheer Blonde line. I got the Spun Gold Texturizer and it is great. It was what I was looking for. Thanks a bunch for the tips.
Lisa
Hair Fanatic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hair Fanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2001 at 6:48pm
Reply to message: 16.106.1
I`m so happy you liked the "Spun Gold." It works great for me, too! You need such a tiny amount, the container lasts forever. Glad I could help!
Lisa :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic