Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Putting hair up?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Viktoria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viktoria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2004 at 5:02pm
There seem to be so much fabulous hair accessories in the US! Not in Luleå, though.

I hear you, Dave. For sure, my photo has been around too long. However, I don´t really have any pictures of my hair out - maybe because it seldom is. And it makes me nervous: last time I got caught in everything and almost made a torch of myself passing a lit candle. For a long haired person, I´m strangely unaccustomed to wearing it... But if I get a nice picture eventually, you´ll see it for sure.

AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2004 at 5:47pm
Thanks Layla! ((hug))

Anais
korsakovhatt3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korsakovhatt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2004 at 11:35pm
Viktoria, I know what you mean about making a torch of yourself. I once caught my hair on fire while walking past a lit candelabra. Do post a picture of your hair down though, if you can. I'm sure everyone would love to see it. Just stay away from open flame until you put your hair up again.
My user name is WAY too long. Just call me Juliana. :-)
Suers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2004 at 10:44am
Here is site with photos on how to make a bun. Note as well, this site shows masculine styles.

http://gollan.pwaresearch.com/hp/bbbun.html

Suers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2004 at 10:45am
Here is site with photos on how to make a bun. Note as well, this site shows masculine styles.

http://gollan.pwaresearch.com/hp/bbbun.html

DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2004 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by AnaisSatin AnaisSatin wrote:

... it was funny when a member mistook the half-up pic for a cat, so I switched it to a full bun

LOL. Maybe the pic was a bit too tightly cropped?
rosebud View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosebud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2004 at 12:42am
It keeps it away from heat & environmental elements. It's good in general to tie your hair. IF YOU HAVE THICK HAIR beware. I used to have long hair & its thick, curly. I started losing hair in the front cause i would tie it. It was too heavy. If your hair is thinner, you should be fine.
emilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2004 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by Storm Raven Storm Raven wrote:

My hair is just past classic length, and I am able to pull it up without pins or "scrunchies". It is rather thin though, compared to many people's hair, and a bit wavy.

I pull my hair back as though I am going to make a pony tail, then I twist the hair a little and turn it into a bun, then wrap the ends under the bun (does that make sense?) A lady from India showed me how to do it years ago and I am forever grateful to her.

and how does your hair stay like this?
..sounds like something i want to try.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic