Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Loreal color spa VS clairol natural instincts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Loreal color spa VS clairol natural instincts
    Posted: August 21 2001 at 11:07pm
can someone tell me what semi permanent hair dye is better Loreal castings color spa or clairol natural instincts?
thanks
Rita
Rita (:
Bajakitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bajakitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2001 at 10:42am
Reply to message: 16.166.1
Hi Rita,
I have used both products and have had good results with both, so I wouldn`t say one is better over the other. They both do not contain amonia and are gentle on your hair. Some people swear by Clariol and some by Loreal. I liked them both. I don`t know what color your natural hair is, or what kind of effect you want, but semi-permanent will not lighten your hair much. It is great if you want to brighten up your own hair color. It works with your own natural tones and highlights. Hope this helps! Good Luck!
Rita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2001 at 5:16pm
Reply to message: 16.170.1
Thanks for your help baja kitty
I was not hoping to lighten my hair but actually darken it from med/dark brown to black
will these kind of dyes work?
Rita (:
Bajakitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bajakitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2001 at 6:19pm
Reply to message: 16.171.1
Hi Rita,
Yes, you should be able to go darker with a semi-pemanent with no problem , just not lighter, but certainly do a test strand before hand to make sure. Loreal has a pretty good website that describes the different kinds of hair colos and it shows in detail all the colors to choose from for each product. Clariol has a website as well. Good Luck!

www.lorealparisusa.com
www.Clairol.com
bunniee View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunniee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2001 at 9:03pm
Reply to message: 16.171.1
quote:
Rita originally wrote:
Reply to message: 16.170.1
Thanks for your help baja kitty
I was not hoping to lighten my hair but actually darken it from med/dark brown to black
will these kind of dyes work?

Either brand should work to darken your hair from brown to black, but please be aware that the dye may not wash out after a few weeks. Black haircolour used on any shade lighter than natural black tends to be permanent, no matter what the label states. I prefer Natural Instincts because Color Spa is hard to find in the shades I like, and NI is less expensive. I can also leave the NI dye in longer than the directions suggest without frying my hair, unlike permanent dyes, and this makes it last longer. Hope that helps.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic