Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone Tried L`oreal Open?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Suzie J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzie J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone Tried L`oreal Open?
    Posted: November 19 2001 at 9:50pm
Hello All. I`ve seen the ads for L`Oreal`s new hair colour Open, and I was curious if anyone had tried it? The shades look great.

I`m currently using Castings, but the Open shades look more vibrant. I don`t want to damage my hair, I`ve been growing it for some time.

They`re calling Open "soft permanent" as opposed to Castings "demi-permanent", but from the descriptions of the products, they seem similiar...

Anyone have an opinion???

Thanks.
~Sue~
Merlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2001 at 12:31pm
Reply to message: 16.199.1
I haven`t used it myself but a friend did for the first time just 2 weeks ago. I saw the end of the process and the finished result. It is a low ammonia gel that did give her nice layers of color and light. The directions say there is no visible root re-growth to worry about - we will have to wait to on that one but I can see that if you choose the correct shade you won`t have root problem. One thing I did like was the kit contains a double dose of conditioner (with green tea and aloe vera extracts), allowing a second application a few weeks after the original treatment, to help ensure that hair stays soft and healthy. She said it was easy to apply because it is a non-drip gel and was easy to spread evenly through the hair and get full coverage. I can also verify there was no nasty odor (in fact it didn`t smell much like haircolor at all). The develpment time is just 30 minutes too. It comes in 20 shades covering the spectrum of browns, reds and blondes. My friend used the Stellar - her hair is naturally a light brown and it lifted her color tones one level and it looks very natural with sublte highlights. I liked the way her hair turned out and as long as you stay in the proper color range, I think you will have a good result. So far, I like the product...after 2 weeks.
Merlin
Suzie J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzie J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2001 at 10:25pm
Reply to message: 16.200.1
Thanks for the response, Merlin.

I searched all over the web, and finally found some reviews in it, and they were all positive. So, a little fearfully, I tried it about two weeks ago.

I say fearfully because I`m leery of damaging my hair. That`s why I`ve stuck with Castings for so long. I picked up Equator, which is medium mahogany brown. My hair is naturally medium to dark brown with red highlights.

It came out a bit burgandy. I wasn`t quite expecting that! But, once it faded a bit (about a week), it turned into a very nice red-brown. It also doesn`t seem to have dried out my hair at all. And it`s been two weeks, and I`ve been watching for roots, and I can only see them if I look really, really hard.

All in all, I`d say it`s a good product. It`s for people looking for colour intensity between Castings and Feria, or who have a bit too much gray for Castings to cover it.
~Sue~
Budokan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Budokan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2001 at 7:42am
Reply to message: 16.202.1
Thanks for the review Suzie J. I have been getting questions about this product and didn`t know what to say about since I have had no experience with it at all. Nice to know you had a good result with it and your hair is still in good condition. I`ll pass your information along to others. ;)
bge View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2002 at 3:43pm
I haven`t tried OPEN because I personally wasn`t all that impressed with the choice of shades.

Casting is a semi-permanent haircolour, meaning it should last about 4 - 6 weeks.

OPEN is permanent, generally meaning you should retouch it every 4 - 6 weeks, but at most, the shade should last about 2 -3 mos.

I have absolutely no idea what soft-permanent means - I would say it`s just a marketing tool.

Possibly the Peroxide or Ammonia levels in OPEN are lower than in other L`Oreal haircolours, that could be what it means.
scotcdnlass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotcdnlass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2002 at 8:42pm
Hi Ladies;

I have tried Open and I did really like it. As I have hair past my shoulders (about bra strap length), I found like most products there wasn`t enough to do my whole head of hair. I found that I had to buy two packages and it was more expensive than most hair colourings, so for me it wasn`t very cost effective. I liked the colour I chose, but like all red/auburn colourings, it fades pretty fast and had to be retouched more often. It didn`t dry out my hair, the texture was good and I did like the tree tea oil conditioner that comes with it. I would give it a 8 out of 10.

My question is, "why do they show a girl with long lucious hair on the front, but why isn`t their enough product in one kit to do her whole head?"
Lori
Rita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2002 at 11:24pm
has anyone had experieinces with loreal castings
I`m thinking of trying it"
Rita (:
chris b View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2003 at 6:01pm
I have tried Loreal Castings. I have mixed feelings about it because I've used it twice. Keep in mind when I used this, my hair had some dark brown regrowth at the roots,,and a mix of low lights and highlights. I couldn't stand the roots any longer, and wasn't ready to pay over 100 bucks for highlights again. So I read a good review on the web about the WHEAT (forget the #) shade of Loreal ColorSpa Moisture Actif (formerly Castings).
I could tell while this stuff was processing,,that I was going to love the outcome. And I felt safe using it since it would wash out eventually if I didn't like it. When I washed it out of my hair and dried it..i LOVED it. Very soft golden blonde at the roots,,,with NO brassiness what-so-ever. I thought I had found my new miracle product. About 2 weeks later though...my roots did end up looking kind of brassy. At 3 weeks,,,it was looking really brassy..so I did it again, same shade WHEAT. This time it looked REALLY BRASSY at the roots. So I'm not sure what to think.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic