Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Revostyler brush for curly, frizzy hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dmtfuentes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmtfuentes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Revostyler brush for curly, frizzy hair
    Posted: May 29 2002 at 7:00am
Has anyone used the Revostyler? Please give pros and cons of this brush. Is it worth the high price?
Beth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2002 at 12:19am
is the revostyler
Beth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2002 at 12:20am
What is the revostyler??
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2002 at 10:10am
I just saw the infomercial and was intrigued. Go to www.revostyler.com for further info. I haven`t had the courage to try it yet though. I have wasted thousands of dollars in the past on hair products that don`t work.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2002 at 1:27pm
I have no first-hand experience with this thing (and am not likely to) but I did look at the site out of curiousity. One thing the manufacturer says:

"The RevoStyler will not work effectively if hair contains any product other than RevoStyler recommended products available at www.revostyler.com. These products have been designed just for use with the RevoStyler."

So that means you have to use JUST the $20 spritz the site sells? No hair spray to keep the style in place once you`re finished? That doesn`t sound entirely OK to me, considering the before and after photos showing frizz-less, smooth hair probably involved using a shine serum and gel. Of course this *could* be a miracle product but considering it`s basically just another styling tool like many others on the market, I doubt it. And $80 is a LOT for an electric brush!
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
I`ve used it! View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I`ve used it! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2002 at 3:42pm

Also, from the website

IMPORTANT: HAIR MUST BE CLEAN OF ANY STYLING PRODUCTS, INCLUDING LEAVE-IN CONDITIONER, PRIOR TO USING THE REVOSTYLER. Shampoo and towel dry hair normally.

Once you are finished with the RevoStyler, you may use any products of your choice to finish your look.
Katie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2002 at 9:54am
Originally posted by I've used it! I've used it! wrote:

Also, from the website

IMPORTANT: HAIR MUST BE CLEAN OF ANY STYLING PRODUCTS, INCLUDING LEAVE-IN CONDITIONER, PRIOR TO USING THE REVOSTYLER. Shampoo and towel dry hair normally.

Once you are finished with the RevoStyler, you may use any products of your choice to finish your look.

So you have used it and own it?
CrazieLilGrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazieLilGrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2002 at 5:35pm
If anyone used it, please tell me because I recently ordered and I`m patiently waiting for it to come! If I receive it soon, I`ll let ya girls know how it works ok? Cool, bye!
Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God`s sight. (1 Peter 3:3-4)
karonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2002 at 2:01pm
This brush sucks!!!!

I have relaxed hair and then they say that you are supposed to only use it when you have NOTHING in your hair! I`m sorry, but I have to have some sort of creme or grease in my hair, or else it`ll dry frizzy and dry. It did kinda straighten my hair, but only a little, and it did not create the bouncy curls that the ladies had on that informercial. Then worst of all, the bristles will COME out. I`ve onlu used the brush a few times, and I have seen bristles coming out, which shouldn`t be happening, considering all of the darn money I spent on it! SHOOOO!!!

I have to keep it now. It`s too late to send it back. :(
Natural since Nov 6, 2004
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic