Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Matrix Biolage Line

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
IcyFire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IcyFire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Matrix Biolage Line
    Posted: August 07 2003 at 2:35am
Another waste of money. Ugh, instead of hydrating my hair, this stuff actually dried it out. And the smell was not that great either.
Visit the Bright Skin Forum
http://excoboard.com/exco/forum.php?forumid=65288
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2003 at 7:52am
I second that! It truly amazes me that the shampoo contains sodium lauryl sulfate, one of the most drying surfactant cleansers around! I just can't understand why a pricey salon line that claims to moisturize would include this ingredient. Glad you aren't using it anymore Icy; if your hair is naturally prone to dryness it would exacerbate the problem. What are you using now?
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Kgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2003 at 9:54am
Biolage recently launched their new "Ultra-Hydrating" line. The shampoo in that line contains sodium LAURETH sulfate as opposed to the sodium LAURYL sulfate in the regular hydrating shampoo. Perhaps you'd like to give that a try? I have it, and it is much more moisturizing than the regular hydrating shampoo.

HTH
IcyFire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IcyFire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2003 at 7:54pm
Hi Lyris.

Because I been trying new products, looking for the right line for me, I been left kind broke :) , so I'm sticking to Herbal Essence's Intensive Moisture Line for the moment. Its not great, but it does not dry out my hair and the smell is wonderful. I hava yet to find the right shampoo and conditioner. I've heard good things about Redken, so I'll try that next. I just hope it helps my thick hair!
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2003 at 10:10pm
I just tested ISO reviving line. It is suppose to be for dry and chemically treated hair.

It contained amonium lauyrl sulfate and sodium lauyrl sulfate AND it tested at a 6.5 on the ph scale.

Who do they think they are kidding???
for dry hair.....puuuullllleeaasseeeee!!!!
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2003 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by Kgirl Kgirl wrote:

Biolage recently launched their new "Ultra-Hydrating" line. The shampoo in that line contains sodium LAURETH sulfate as opposed to the sodium LAURYL sulfate in the regular hydrating shampoo. Perhaps you'd like to give that a try? I have it, and it is much more moisturizing than the regular hydrating shampoo.

HTH

Wow, I did not know that! That is quite an improvement. I am betting that within a year the original Biolage line will be discontinued.
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic