Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedClosure of chat room at haircut.net

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Webmaster at haircut.net View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webmaster at haircut.net Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Closure of chat room at haircut.net
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:26am
Well folks all good things always come to an end. The Chat Rooms at haircut.net have beenclosed for good. As we have been paying for the chat rooms out of our own pockets. This is allvoluntary work that both Zvi and I have been doing here and the harassment which has beencoming into our chat room by Bobby Stanley has casted a dark shadow on the room. People arejust not having fun there any more. The new comers to this site are no longer greeted in theroom, this was one of the greatest qualities of the rooms. The ability for people to feel welcome.I thank you all for being such good members and especially to those who were kind enough tosend IM transcripts of how Bobby Stanley was planning to defeat our new Password protectionsystem and how he was able to continuously re-enter the chat room after being banned tocontinue his rein of harassment toward the chat room members and it's moderators.Well Bobby, I congratulate you on a job well done, and for those of you who wish to send yourcongratulations directly to him please feel free to contact him at the following addresses:Bstan48560@aol.comDem6818346@aol.comBob Stanley207 Serena DriveHixson, TN 37343(423) 842-7788
Diane View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:26am
> Well folks all good things always come to an end. The> Chat Rooms at haircut.net have been> closed for good. As we have been paying for the chat> rooms out of our own pockets. This is all> voluntary work that both Zvi and I have been doing> here and the harassment which has been> coming into our chat room by Bobby Stanley has casted> a dark shadow on the room. People are> just not having fun there any more. The new comers to> this site are no longer greeted in the> room, this was one of the greatest qualities of the> rooms. The ability for people to feel welcome.> I thank you all for being such good members and> especially to those who were kind enough to> send IM transcripts of how Bobby Stanley was planning> to defeat our new Password protection> system and how he was able to continuously re-enter> the chat room after being banned to> continue his rein of harassment toward the chat room> members and it's moderators.> Well Bobby, I congratulate you on a job well done, and> for those of you who wish to send your> congratulations directly to him please feel free to> contact him at the following addresses:> Bstan48560@aol.com> Dem6818346@aol.com> Bob Stanley> 207 Serena Drive> Hixson, TN 37343> (423) 842-7788Hello.I never been to your chat room but I am sad for you .When people take pleasure to ruin things I often wonder how would they feel that if we did the same to them. Sites like this one etc are meant as a means to share our feelings, experiences etc and to know another human being .We are on earth to learn from each other and no matter what our beliefs or religion is, the fact remains that we are to treat each other with kindness and respect as we would want others to treat us . Every human being wants to be love, accepted and feel that they are special so for so many reasons I feel so sad for the man that ruined your site as he didn't learn on earth. His life is not rich at all and do we have a right to harm him?Everyday so many of us make an effort to improve life to live life with a passion and I hope that this man can learn this before its too late. Its not fun to have our peace threathend and have to take actions against offenders .I know this feeling only too well and I understand yours very well.Its more difiicult when our beliefs are to be kind, to be wiser, and learn the best from this world. So many topics, so many discussions on earth and sadly enough he took the wrong road in life and the greatest sadness is that he doesn't even realize it to save himself. You on the other hand wanted to provide a means to share and bring people together out of the kindness of your heart and that will always make me angry in so many ways as I can share the same feeling as you do in some of my experiences with people.Diane
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic