Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHalloween Ideas Anyone?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Amy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Halloween Ideas Anyone?
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:38am
I've just found out that our company is having a big costume party for Halloween and winners of the costume contest get a very nice chunk of cash. I'd like to come up with a winning costume idea that utilizes one of my best features, my hair. It is kind of my trademark and I think doing something original with it would really help my cause since I'm known as 'the long haired lady' at work. It is wavy and Auburn and almost down past my bottom with bangs. I don't think the traditional long hair costumes like Lady Godiva or Cher, etc... will be original enough to win. Since I have a month to get ready I am willing to put the time into a costume.I am not willing to cut, dye or perm it. I am willing to curl, gel, mousse, tease, and spray it as much as necessary, and also to pay to have a professional do it up if the idea is more than I can do (I'm pretty good with it). I'm just looking for the ideas and as much direction as I can get from people. So come on people, give me some ideas! The wilder and more unique the better in my book!
JM View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:39am
Last year I used Jerome Russell's Punky Colour Temp-ry Spray-In Hair Colour in "Sky Blue" on my hair! I bought it at Sally's. I had dressed up as a punk rocker last Halloween and I sprayed in color streaks the length of my hair. It actually looked as if I had air-brushed color on my hair! Everyone went wild over it. Since my hair is quite long, I was VERY concerned about whether it would damage or stain my hair. I consulted my stylist, who said even though my hair is color-treated, this product would not hurt it. Still wary, I did a strand test in an inconspicous area. It washed right out! No damage. Very neat stuff. (and Karen, I am going to scan a photo of me from last Halloween, which shows my blue-streaked hair, and e-mail it to you!)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic