Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBacon Grease??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Avvy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avvy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bacon Grease??
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:52am
I once heard that Bacon Grease can be good for your hair once in a while. bacon grease leftover from fried bacon.my grandma used to use that on her hair and it was really shiny but oily. I need truth, is this good or bad?I'm afraid to try it when I don't know what I'm doing.
KAREN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAREN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:52am
Hi,I have never heard this before. So I can honestly say that it is a mystery to me. Maybe Laura Jane or Cher or Dawn have heard of this. Keep me posted please. If you do use it I am sure you mean when it is cold.Best wishes,Karen> I once heard that Bacon Grease can be good for your> hair once in a while. bacon grease leftover from fried> bacon.> my grandma used to use that on her hair and it was> really shiny but oily. I need truth, is this good or> bad?> I'm afraid to try it when I don't know what I'm doing.
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!
Clare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:52am
I don't know about anyone else, but I would be scared to put it in my hair.Regards,Clare> Hi,> I have never heard this before. So I can honestly say> that it is a mystery to me. Maybe Laura Jane or Cher> or Dawn have heard of this. Keep me posted please. If> you do use it I am sure you mean when it is cold.> Best wishes,> Karen
Clare
Laura Jane View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laura Jane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:53am
> I have never heard this before. So I can honestly say> that it is a mystery to me. Maybe Laura Jane or Cher> or Dawn have heard of this. Keep me posted please. If> you do use it I am sure you mean when it is cold.I've never heard of this either. I'm not sure whether it would be helpful, harmful, or neutral. (As a vegetarian, bacon grease is not something I know a lot about in the first place, let alone with respect to hair!)Laura Janelswanson@sunflower.bio.indiana.edu
Dawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:53am
Ooooo. I'm like everyone else on this, I've never heard of such a thing and all I can say is groooossss. I would not do this to my hair no matter how shiny or soft it made it. Cooking bacon will stink up the whole house for two days, (I do this about once a year when my kids demand a BLT out of me)can you imagine what your hair would smell like? There are so many great conditioners out there for all types of hair, surely you could find something better than bacon grease.And hey Clare, thanks for your note, I'm really glad you like the NG coupled with the Aveda, its always nice to have something to switch around with.Best wishes to all!Dawn
Verne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Verne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:53am
> I don't know about anyone else, but I would be scared> to put it in my hair.> Regards,> ClareI don't know about bacon grease, but I have applied Crisco Vegetable Shortening to my ends. It really softened my kinky hair. I only use a small amount. I would think that bacon grease would make your hair stink.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic