Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedone day damage?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pam View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: one day damage?
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:58am
I'm going to go get some sexy photos done of me for my boyfriend for Christmas. The look I want would require them to curl, tease, and spray my straight waist length hair pretty severely. I'm wondering how much, if any, damage will result from doing this one time. My hair is in good condition now, and I really want to do this, but I don't want to ruin my hair. Any advice?
Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:58am
Pam--I'm tempted to say don't worry about it, though when I was in a play a year ago, my hair got noticeably damaged over the course of one week. (Every night they set my hair in hot rollers and sprayed it to death and brushed it out. I was playing Wendy in "Peter Pan.") Of course, my hair wasn't super healthy to begin with.If you do it, I'd suggest...* Using a thermal protectant* Having them use steam curlers as opposed to a curling iron or other heat appliance.* Asking them to be very gentle when they tease your hair.I like to compare beautiful hair to a gleaming sports car. If you leave it in the garage all the time, sure it'll stay perfect with glossy tires and unmarred paint. But what fun is that? You have to take it out at least on the weekends.If you're really nervous, ask them if you can set and style your own hair and let them do your makeup. You don't need huge hair to look sexy. :)Ally
Pam View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:58am
Thanks for the advice and support. I'm going to go for it and I think it will be fun.Since I don't even own curlers, a blow dryer, or hair spray and have never teased my hair ever in my life I better leave the styling up to them. With the exception of french braiding I don't know how to do anything with my hair.I know I don't need big hair to look sexy, but I'm trying to copy this painting he has in his home that he really likes. I think he will love getting a picture of me looking the same way. Neat idea, huh?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic