Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJohn Frieda's Sheer Blonde

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ggggg View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggggg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: John Frieda's Sheer Blonde
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:11am
Has anyone heard of or used John Frieda's Sheer Blonde shampoo and/or conditioner and can tell me a little bit about it. I saw it in a flyer on sale but when I went to the store to take a look at it, they did not have it.What does it do? Does it lighten hair, just bring out highlights or is it a waste of money? I am dying to know. Thanks in advance.Sincerely,ggggg
Sherry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:11am
Hi there! Yes, I have not only heard of this new Frieda line, but because I recently had some golden highlights put in my light brown hair, I decided to take a good look at it. First off, let me say that I am a BIG reader of labels and the first thing that I look for is the type of cleansing ingredient is used. The Sheer blonde shampoo uses TEA-lauryl sulfate as its main cleansing ingredient. I can't even believe that Frieda would use such a harsh detergent in a line that is supposedly meant for chemically treated blonde hair. However, even if your is blonde naturally, NOBODY needs such a stripping cleanser. So, I decided not to try the Shampoo or conditioner. I did however buy the Blonde Ambition (violet colored mousse) and the Spun Gold taming balm. The mousse is nice (the scent isn't all that great), and it provides a very light hold... no stiff feeling. The violet coloring is supposed to neutralize any brassiness in blonde hair, however, I haven't noticed any difference. The Spun Gold is my absolute favorite product from all of John Frieda's lines. It gives a bit of a shimmer with the light hold of a taming balm. I use it to define my individual curls. It feels a bit sticky at first, but it doesn't dry that way (as long as you go light). I also bought a little packet of the Golden Opportunity-- which is another violet toned styling aid... because I was not overwhelmed with the results of the mousse, I have not used this product yet. I'm not sure that I would reccomend anything but the Spun Gold. I hope this helps! Good Luck and choose wisely.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic