Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedstyling aid needed for heat protection

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: styling aid needed for heat protection
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:37am
Does anyone know of a good styling aid for protection from heat styling, i.e. blowdryer and curling iron, which I use every day? I currently use Biolage Thermal Active setting spray, but I only use this on dry hair; I've found that it does not work well when used on wet hair. I've also tried Paul Mitchell's the Heat, which I thought was nasty, left a coating on my hair! Also, I don't find that Thermasilk does any good, as I've used the shampoo, conditiner, and mousse. The product I need can be a separate one or one for styling, I'm open to either way.Any suggestions? Thanks!Kara
Sherry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:37am
Dear Kara,Hi! I have curly hair that I define with a curling iron and when I get an urge, I also enjoy blowing it out straight. I understand that so much heat styling can really take a toll on your hair. This is what I do:When I want to fully blow out my hair using high heat and a round brush, I actually use a small dollop of my REGULAR conditioner (ARTec Smoothing Cond.) I find that this really does the trick and helps to keep my hair protected against the frying heat. On the days when I just define my curls with the iron, I use ARTec Kiwi Detangler followed by ARTec Texture Creme (the texture Creme is a leave in styler ans moisturizer and I am very fon of it). Also, I think that the reason you may be disliking your current leave ins, may be becuase of the amount f silicone in them. This stuff can really make your hair feel brittle!Hope this helps!SherryKara wrote:> Does anyone know of a good styling aid for protection> from heat styling, i.e. blowdryer and curling iron,> which I use every day? I currently use Biolage Thermal> Active setting spray, but I only use this on dry hair;> I've found that it does not work well when used on wet> hair. I've also tried Paul Mitchell's the Heat, which> I thought was nasty, left a coating on my hair! Also,> I don't find that Thermasilk does any good, as I've> used the shampoo, conditiner, and mousse. The product> I need can be a separate one or one for styling, I'm> open to either way.> Any suggestions? Thanks!> Kara
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic