Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWWBeauty store

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
simi View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WWBeauty store
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:04am
Hello. I have a question about getting in touch with someone from the WWBeauty Store. After hearing so many positive things concerning the selection and affordability of products through WWBeauty, I placed an order. That was on Feb.21st. It is now Mar.15th and I have yet to recieve my order or any information regarding any problems with it. (The charge for the products was assessed to my account on Feb.24th) I have e-mailed them twice and have yet to recieve any sort of reply. I was not able to find any sort of phone number to call on the web site. Does anyone have any e-mail addresses or phone numbers that may work for contacting WWBeauty? I am really very frustrated with the entire situation. At this point I wish I had just purchased the products through another site or at a salon...it would have cost more, but I wouldn't be as aggravated as I am now. Thank you in advance for any advice.Sincerely,S.
Sherry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:05am
Hi there!I had a similar problem with WWBS, but I will tell you how I resolved it. First off, I e-mailed them 5 times with no responce, until I began to threaten posting negative comments about them. Then they answered. As for your order, on average with regular posting, it takes about three to four weeks for the package to arrive. With priority on mine it still took two and a half weeks. If you are unssatisified with them, you need to at least ask for your shipping back... I did and it was credited. Also, here is the Presidents (Ms Hanson) personal e-mail adddress: aceknows@wwbeautystore.comI would e-mail her a few times, but on average, don't expect a reply for at least a couple of days inless you really make your letter a bit threatening. They told me, once they responded, that they have grown larger than expected and had to train new staff and that's why they have been slow. Anyway, once they do get the gist that you aren't kidding, your service will proabably perk up. Good luck.Sherry> Hello. I have a question about getting in touch with> someone from the WWBeauty Store. After hearing so many> positive things concerning the selection and> affordability of products through WWBeauty, I placed> an order. That was on Feb.21st. It is now Mar.15th and> I have yet to recieve my order or any information> regarding any problems with it. (The charge for the> products was assessed to my account on Feb.24th) I> have e-mailed them twice and have yet to recieve any> sort of reply. I was not able to find any sort of> phone number to call on the web site. Does anyone have> any e-mail addresses or phone numbers that may work> for contacting WWBeauty? I am really very frustrated> with the entire situation. At this point I wish I had> just purchased the products through another site or at> a salon...it would have cost more, but I wouldn't be> as aggravated as I am now. Thank you in advance for> any advice.> Sincerely,> S.
Jeannie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeannie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:05am
Hi,I had a problem with one of my products arriving damaged. I can tell you that while it was a pain in the butt, they were great about resolving it. Ms Hanson did answer my emails and they made good on the damaged product.I have used WW Beauty a lot and have only had that one problem. Sometimes the products arrive promptly and sometimes they take a little longer.I think all of the Internet stores have their own set of problems. I ordered from ABeautyOfASite and they lost my credit card number. Then they waited a full week to tell me that had lost the number. Then they waited another week to tell me that my credit card would not accept the purchase.Well I had a huge line of unusued credit. So i did not get that one. I had to call them on the phone (at my expense) twice and then I had to use a completely different card. Not a wonderful experience.I did get the products I ordered (late) and they were good but was the aggravation worth it? I am not sure.Driving in traffic and standing in line and paying more may be the better option sometimes. :-0J> Hi there!> I had a similar problem with WWBS, but I will tell you> how I resolved it. First off, I e-mailed them 5 times> with no responce, until I began to threaten posting> negative comments about them. Then they answered. As> for your order, on average with regular posting, it> takes about three to four weeks for the package to> arrive. With priority on mine it still took two and a> half weeks. If you are unssatisified with them, you> need to at least ask for your shipping back... I did> and it was credited. Also, here is the Presidents (Ms> Hanson) personal e-mail adddress:> aceknows@wwbeautystore.com> I would e-mail her a few times, but on average, don't> expect a reply for at least a couple of days inless> you really make your letter a bit threatening. They> told me, once they responded, that they have grown> larger than expected and had to train new staff and> that's why they have been slow. Anyway, once they do> get the gist that you aren't kidding, your service> will proabably perk up. Good luck.> Sherry
Katja View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:05am
> Hi,> I had a problem with one of my products arriving> damaged. I can tell you that while it was a pain in> the butt, they were great about resolving it. Ms> Hanson did answer my emails and they made good on the> damaged product.> I have used WW Beauty a lot and have only had that one> problem. Sometimes the products arrive promptly and> sometimes they take a little longer.> I think all of the Internet stores have their own set> of problems. I ordered from ABeautyOfASite and they> lost my credit card number. Then they waited a full> week to tell me that had lost the number. Then they> waited another week to tell me that my credit card> would not accept the purchase.> Well I had a huge line of unusued credit. So i did not> get that one. I had to call them on the phone (at my> expense) twice and then I had to use a completely> different card. Not a wonderful experience.> I did get the products I ordered (late) and they were> good but was the aggravation worth it? I am not sure.> Driving in traffic and standing in line and paying> more may be the better option sometimes. :-0> J
Katja View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:05am
Hi, everybody,I had a pretty good experience with WWBS and found their service very prompt. I had ordered, and two weeks later still not received my package. So I send them an e-mail , using their costumer service e-mail adress, on a Friday night. Next morning, Saturday, I had a response. They appologized for the delay, andtold me that I would receive my package by Wednesday or Thursday the next week.I did receive it on Thursday, and when I looked at the stamp they had mailed it on Monday per Priority mail without charging me the shipping costs. I was really impressed.
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:05am
Hi,I am sorry to hear of your frustrations. I understand.I can tell you that over the past 9 months I have received only a few emails where people had problems with WW Beauty.I can also tell you that I have received a lot of very good feedback from WW Beauty from a lot of Hair Boutique visitors who are delighted with the good prices.I will tell you that the few times I forwarded email to Mickael or Ace about problems that HB visitors were having that they responded immediately to help resolve the problem or questions. And I mean within a matter of hours. In one case it was within minutes. I was impressed.Quite frankly this is an issue that I struggle with. I always strive to provide the truth on HB as best that I can and as I know it.I also try to never unnecessarily trash another site. There are some sites that I have had terrible experiences with and some products that I have tried that were horrible.Here is the dilemna. Just because I had a problem, does that mean that everyone has? Or does that mean that I am in the minority? Does that mean that the product that made my hair feel sticky would make the majority's hair feel sticky?I can't really speak to that. It is too hard to quantify. so unless a large number of people write to me to tell me of similar bad experiences, I keep quiet.The Hair Boutique recommends WW Beauty because in my personal experience and from the majority of email I have received, they have great name products at very good prices.Do they have problems with things getting shipped on time? What business doesn't? I had a problem with WW Beauty and when I emailed about it, they worked with me to resolve it.Recently I shipped a very expensive piece of computer hardware to California. It arrived in pieces. I called the shipping company and they did not return my calls. Finally they called to tell me that it was probably my fault for not packing it correctly. I am still working on this issue and it has not been resolved.Will I use the shipping company again? Probably. If it happens again then I am probably done with that company.I have personally talked to Mickhael and Ace about the problems you mention. They know about them and they are trying very hard to get things running smoothly.In fact, I forward them every problem email I receive AND I know that they read the Hair Talk boards. So they do try.Mickhael will be the first to admit that they make mistakes and don't always do things perfectly, but they do try. I believe that.I have decided to write a special column about how to deal with problems ordering via an Internet shop and what you can do to make it as smooth as possible. I have had similar problems with Amazon.com. So this is not isolated to the hair and beauty sites but across the Net.Jeff and I struggle with this question ourselves with our own little store. We have had our own problems where credit cards were being triple charged. We got it fixed and everyone was great, but still even with our best intentions and the help of CyberCash it took a few weeks to get everything untangled (no pun inteded).I invite anyone who would like to talk to me about your experiences, both good and bad, to email me at shelton@hairboutique.com.I will do my best to provide a fair reporting for the rest of the visitors.Best wishes,Karen SheltonWebmasterHair Boutique> Hello. I have a question about getting in touch with> someone from the WWBeauty Store. After hearing so many> positive things concerning the selection and> affordability of products through WWBeauty, I placed> an order. That was on Feb.21st. It is now Mar.15th and> I have yet to recieve my order or any information> regarding any problems with it. (The charge for the> products was assessed to my account on Feb.24th) I> have e-mailed them twice and have yet to recieve any> sort of reply. I was not able to find any sort of> phone number to call on the web site. Does anyone have> any e-mail addresses or phone numbers that may work> for contacting WWBeauty? I am really very frustrated> with the entire situation. At this point I wish I had> just purchased the products through another site or at> a salon...it would have cost more, but I wouldn't be> as aggravated as I am now. Thank you in advance for> any advice.> Sincerely,> S.
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Sherry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:05am
Hi everyone!I just reread my post from below that I wrote earlier this morning and realised that it was quite negative. I guess it is becasue I am going through another round of e-mail frustration with WWBS right now. However, on the brighter side, when they do return e-mails, they are always very curteous and apologetic. ANd, I guess the big plus is that they will work with you until you are satisifed, like they did for me. When I really relflect on it all, I guess it isn't so bad. I mean, I could NEVER in a million years find some of the products that they carry down here in 'farmworld' Southern New Jersey. So, I guess it is worth it no matter what the wait. I also noticed that recently they changed their delivery dates, saying that it could take anywhere from 3 days to two weeks-- so at least the time frame is a bit more accurate. I would also like to say that NONE of my comments are directed towards Mickhael-- whenever I e-mailed him, I received a response within four or five hours-- my comments are directed towrds the shiipinh/handling part of the business. I am still a loyal customer to them 'cause no matter how long it takes, you just can't beat the selection of stock that they have, or the prices.Sherry~> Hi,> I am sorry to hear of your frustrations. I understand.> I can tell you that over the past 9 months I have> received only a few emails where people had problems> with WW Beauty.> I can also tell you that I have received a lot of very> good feedback from WW Beauty from a lot of Hair> Boutique visitors who are delighted with the good> prices.> I will tell you that the few times I forwarded email> to Mickael or Ace about problems that HB visitors were> having that they responded immediately to help resolve> the problem or questions. And I mean within a matter> of hours. In one case it was within minutes. I was> impressed.> Quite frankly this is an issue that I struggle with. I> always strive to provide the truth on HB as best that> I can and as I know it.> I also try to never unnecessarily trash another site.> There are some sites that I have had terrible> experiences with and some products that I have tried> that were horrible.> Here is the dilemna. Just because I had a problem,> does that mean that everyone has? Or does that mean> that I am in the minority? Does that mean that the> product that made my hair feel sticky would make the> majority's hair feel sticky?> I can't really speak to that. It is too hard to> quantify. so unless a large number of people write to> me to tell me of similar bad experiences, I keep> quiet.> The Hair Boutique recommends WW Beauty because in my> personal experience and from the majority of email I> have received, they have great name products at very> good prices.> Do they have problems with things getting shipped on> time? What business doesn't? I had a problem with WW> Beauty and when I emailed about it, they worked with> me to resolve it.> Recently I shipped a very expensive piece of computer> hardware to California. It arrived in pieces. I called> the shipping company and they did not return my calls.> Finally they called to tell me that it was probably my> fault for not packing it correctly. I am still working> on this issue and it has not been resolved.> Will I use the shipping company again? Probably. If it> happens again then I am probably done with that> company.> I have personally talked to Mickhael and Ace about the> problems you mention. They know about them and they> are trying very hard to get things running smoothly.> In fact, I forward them every problem email I receive> AND I know that they read the Hair Talk boards. So> they do try.> Mickhael will be the first to admit that they make> mistakes and don't always do things perfectly, but> they do try. I believe that.> I have decided to write a special column about how to> deal with problems ordering via an Internet shop and> what you can do to make it as smooth as possible. I> have had similar problems with Amazon.com. So this is> not isolated to the hair and beauty sites but across> the Net.> Jeff and I struggle with this question ourselves with> our own little store. We have had our own problems> where credit cards were being triple charged. We got> it fixed and everyone was great, but still even with> our best intentions and the help of CyberCash it took> a few weeks to get everything untangled (no pun> inteded).> I invite anyone who would like to talk to me about> your experiences, both good and bad, to email me at> shelton@hairboutique.com.> I will do my best to provide a fair reporting for the> rest of the visitors.> Best wishes,> Karen Shelton> Webmaster> Hair Boutique
simi View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:05am
> Hi, everybody,> I had a pretty good experience with WWBS and found> their service very prompt. I had ordered, and two> weeks later still not received my package. So I send> them an e-mail , using their costumer service e-mail> adress, on a Friday night. Next morning, Saturday, I> had a response. They appologized for the delay,> andtold me that I would receive my package by> Wednesday or Thursday the next week.> I did receive it on Thursday, and when I looked at the> stamp they had mailed it on Monday per Priority mail> without charging me the shipping costs. I was really> impressed.
simi View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:06am
Thanks to everyone for all the useful information concerning my options and what their experiences had been like. It helped a great deal. Just for the record, it was not my intention to ruin the WWBeauty reputation. On the contrary, I think that their selection and prices are excellent. I was just frustrated at not recieving the products after what I thought was a reasonable grace period and then, not getting any feedback. Now that I know that it can take several weeks for the products to arrive, I'm not so worried about things (I'll admit that I'm old fashioned and tend to be leary about ordering things over the web). Once again thanks to everyone for the advice and I'll be looking forward to (slowly but surely, I guess) getting my box of goodies.simiPS-This is a complete sidebar- but I just have to say that HB is a GREAT Site and that everone on HairTalk seems really nice.
Mickhael from WWBS View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickhael from WWBS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:06am
Hi Sherry!Thanks for the vote of renewed confidence and your warm compliment of me - it is greatly appreciated.Believe me when I say that I am aware anytime there may be a challenge with an order or an extended delivery time. I may be "Mister Nice Guy" when it comes to my customers, but I amvery ruthless on becoming a mistake free company and constantly work with my staff to design and implement systems in hopes of achieving error-free, fast deliveries.I never believed that with success would also come the growing pains - OUCH! So much for hindsight! :)We just leased a much larger distribution center and openedtwo more salons and I am very happy and confident with the staff we now have on board. While they are not able to leap tall buildings in a single bound quite yet, their daily ratio of orders in to orders shipped has increased three fold at the new facility.We are getting ready to revamp all of the existing lines with new products and then bring aboard more lines to include more makeup, skincare, wigs, curling irons and blowdryers. We will be adding fragrances as well.We happily overcompensate folks when we are in the wrong. There are a few folks that we just could not please, but not for lack of trying. I, personally, do not expect to achieve 100% satisfaction of all customers. I would settlefor 90% to 95% - and even then I am an optimist! :)In your service,MickhaelArtistic DirectorWorldwide Beauty Store> Hi everyone!> I just reread my post from below that I wrote earlier> this morning and realised that it was quite negative.> I guess it is becasue I am going through another round> of e-mail frustration with WWBS right now. However, on> the brighter side, when they do return e-mails, they> are always very curteous and apologetic. ANd, I guess> the big plus is that they will work with you until you> are satisifed, like they did for me. When I really> relflect on it all, I guess it isn't so bad. I mean, I> could NEVER in a million years find some of the> products that they carry down here in 'farmworld'> Southern New Jersey. So, I guess it is worth it no> matter what the wait. I also noticed that recently> they changed their delivery dates, saying that it> could take anywhere from 3 days to two weeks-- so at> least the time frame is a bit more accurate. I would> also like to say that NONE of my comments are directed> towards Mickhael-- whenever I e-mailed him, I received> a response within four or five hours-- my comments are> directed towrds the shiipinh/handling part of the> business. I am still a loyal customer to them 'cause> no matter how long it takes, you just can't beat the> selection of stock that they have, or the prices.> Sherry~
Mickhael from WWBS View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickhael from WWBS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:06am
Hi Simi -Email me and let me know of your order date and fullname, so I can check in on your orders and "baby-sit"them for you personally.I really appreciate you and your business! :)In your service -~Mickhael> Thanks to everyone for all the useful information> concerning my options and what their experiences had> been like. It helped a great deal. Just for the> record, it was not my intention to ruin the WWBeauty> reputation. On the contrary, I think that their> selection and prices are excellent. I was just> frustrated at not recieving the products after what I> thought was a reasonable grace period and then, not> getting any feedback. Now that I know that it can take> several weeks for the products to arrive, I'm not so> worried about things (I'll admit that I'm old> fashioned and tend to be leary about ordering things> over the web). Once again thanks to everyone for the> advice and I'll be looking forward to (slowly but> surely, I guess) getting my box of goodies.> simi> PS-This is a complete sidebar- but I just have to say> that HB is a GREAT Site and that everone on HairTalk> seems really nice.
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:10am
I placed my order on 2/26/99. It is 3/21/99 now and it still has not arrived. WWBeautystore has a great selection and prices, but their service, other than Mickhaels, is slow. I have found other sites that are much better in terms of delivery times. One, www.labeauty.com, has an unsecure site, but provides an 800#. I ordered on a Sunday, and received my products 3 days later, and I live in Alaska. Still, their prices and selection are not as good. Here's hoping I get my order form WWBeautystore soon.Related Link:Los Altos Beauty
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic