Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPantene Shampoo and Conditioner

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Emmalee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmalee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pantene Shampoo and Conditioner
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:38am
I have been reading some of the older messages about Pantene shampoo. I love the shine and softness that Pantene gives my hair. I have not used Pantene long enough to notice any of the side effects others mentioned, but I would like to switch to something else before that does happen. My hair is naturally curly but is fine and thin and therefore a lot of shampoos and conditioners are too heavy and leave my hair looking greasy. I wonder if anyone would have any other suggestions to use instead of Pantene but still get the softness and shine.
Debi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:39am
> I have been using Pantene off and on for at least 4 years and I do like the shine and healthy feel my hair has.....but after a short while, it does build up and I start having major bad hair days. (My hair is also thin and fine.) I started using the new Replenishing Shampoo and Conditioner by Neutrogena for daily use (not the once a week kind) and I cannot belive how much better my hair looks and feels. It's like using a gentle clarifying shampoo every day, so you have a "clean slate", but it doesn't strip your color or dry your hair out, or build up. And the conditioner has many of the same wonderful ingredients found in the Pantene (panthenol, etc.)...it's very moisturizing but it doesn't weigh the hair down. You've GOT to try it - if you like the Pantene you'll LOVE this stuff. I've had so many people asking me what I'm doing differently, and that my hair has never looked so healthy. It was visibly different the first time I used it, but it seems to get better each day. Best of luck!I have been reading some of the older messages about> Pantene shampoo. I love the shine and softness that> Pantene gives my hair. I have not used Pantene long> enough to notice any of the side effects others> mentioned, but I would like to switch to something> else before that does happen. My hair is naturally> curly but is fine and thin and therefore a lot of> shampoos and conditioners are too heavy and leave my> hair looking greasy. I wonder if anyone would have any> other suggestions to use instead of Pantene but still> get the softness and shine.
MiladyC
Holly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:40am
Debi,Hi,Can you tell me if the Replenishing shampoo and conditionerhave silicones in them? I live in France but can order some, but I would like to know about the silicones or hopefully lack thereof first.Thanks,Holly
heather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:40am
I have found that Alterna products are very good for the hair. It leaves it soft, shiny, and flat, without frizzies. My hair is thick and semi-curly, and Alterna works like a charm every time after i blow-dry my hair straight. Definitely my favorite!
Heather
Regina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:40am
it sounds like you are describing the same exact hair that i have! i used ARTEC Smoothing Shampoo/Conditioner for their Texturline and it works great. this is truly the most amazing shampoo ever! no build up, and it leaves my fine curly hair with a lot of body and best of all no friz! if you can afford it i would try it. you can get it at any beauty salon or beauty supply store and even off the web.regina
wild orhcid salon san luis obispo
Debi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:40am
Holly.....hi! Did you get my message at your personal email address? ~ DebiDebi,> Hi,> Can you tell me if the Replenishing shampoo and> conditioner> have silicones in them? I live in France but can order> some, but I would like to know about the silicones or> hopefully lack thereof first.> Thanks,> Holly
MiladyC
~*Toya*~ View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~*Toya*~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:41am
What side effects does pantene have so i can warn my boyfriend who uses this religiously???
Emmalee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmalee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:41am
> What side effects does pantene have so i can warn my> boyfriend who uses this religiously???I have read in some of the other sites on this website that long periods of using Pantene has made people's hair dry. They say that silicone which is an ingredient in Pantene, will do this. But, I also have heard others say that they have used Pantene for a long time and they love it. So it is hard to know what to do. I guess if your boyfriend doesn't have a problem, then it is all right. You might want to go to Hair Search on this sight and look up Pantene shampoo and read all those messages.
Big B View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:41am
Scruples hair smoother its the bomb
Jade21 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jade21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:41am
Big time buildup and potentially ultimate breakage. Too many guys have started using Pantene. It's a poor brand.What side effects does pantene have so i can warn my> boyfriend who uses this religiously???
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic