Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe Thomas Crown Affair Hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
taylor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Thomas Crown Affair Hair
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:58am
I want the hair cut Rene Russo wears in the movie 'The Thomas Crown Affair.' I can't find a good picture to show my stylist - How do I explain to him what I want? My hair is longer than Rene Russo's is in the movie, so it should be easy to establish the cut. I just don't know how to communicate it to him! Any advice is appreciated.
Laurie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laurie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:58am
I thought it was a really nice style, too. You might be able to find a picture in recent issues of In Style magazine. I will post if I happen to see any. Also, you might want to check the internet for sites about her or the movie that might have pictures you could print out and show your stylist to give them the basic idea.-Laurie
Alicia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alicia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:00am
> She was on the cover of a recent People magazine (as well as 2 pictures inside). It probably came out a couple weeks ago. I took these photos to a hairdresser and got my several-inches-below-the-shoulder hair cut. I'm not sure it's the exact cut, but I sure have gotten a lot of complements in the last 2 weeks!I thought it was a really nice style, too. You might> be able to find a picture in recent issues of In Style> magazine. I will post if I happen to see any. Also,> you might want to check the internet for sites about> her or the movie that might have pictures you could> print out and show your stylist to give them the basic> idea.> -Laurie
Chrissie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrissie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:01am
A good friend of mine has fabulous long blonde hair. It always looks highlighted and I knew she did it herself.As I spend about $150 every 2.5 months on my own long blonde highlighted hair - and now need to save the money - I asked her how she did it.She told me she had found an amazing hair color called Feria. It made her naturally dark blonde hair look blonde, shiny and highlighted and only cost her $10 every 6-8 weeks.I seem to remember that Feria received awful reviews earlier on this message board.Has anyone else had really good experiences with it?
Alicia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alicia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:02am
> Actually I HAVE tried it and it was AWFUL!! It looked SO fake! My hair had really pink undertones - not red - PINK. I would never use Feria again!A good friend of mine has fabulous long blonde hair.> It always looks highlighted and I knew she did it> herself.> As I spend about $150 every 2.5 months on my own long> blonde highlighted hair - and now need to save the> money - I asked her how she did it.> She told me she had found an amazing hair color called> Feria. It made her naturally dark blonde hair look> blonde, shiny and highlighted and only cost her $10> every 6-8 weeks.> I seem to remember that Feria received awful reviews> earlier on this message board.> Has anyone else had really good experiences with it?
Christine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:02am
I tried Feria about a year ago because of its claim to give you highlights. Frankly, at the time I thought that had to be impossible. I decided to take a chance and try it and I was very pleased with the results. To my surprise, it really did look like I had highlights. I also remember thinking that I liked the way it left my hair looking conditioned and in good shape. Mind you, when I used the Feria, I was using it on already color-treated hair and yet it left my hair looking healthy so I'm surprised sometimes when people say it was harsh on their hair since I had such a different experience.I guess it boils down to that you are always taking a chance when coloring your hair with at-home products and what works for one person, may not work for someone else. Let us know what you think if you decide to take the plunge and try it. Good Luck! :)> A good friend of mine has fabulous long blonde hair.> It always looks highlighted and I knew she did it> herself.> As I spend about $150 every 2.5 months on my own long> blonde highlighted hair - and now need to save the> money - I asked her how she did it.> She told me she had found an amazing hair color called> Feria. It made her naturally dark blonde hair look> blonde, shiny and highlighted and only cost her $10> every 6-8 weeks.> I seem to remember that Feria received awful reviews> earlier on this message board.> Has anyone else had really good experiences with it?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic