Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Has anyone here ever tried Biosilk or SunGlitz??
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHas anyone here ever tried Biosilk or SunGlitz??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Michelle Truog View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michelle Truog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Has anyone here ever tried Biosilk or SunGlitz??
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:20am
> Chani, I've never tried Sunglitz but Biosilk is> incredible.I recently purchased Silk treatment, a> leave-in conditioner, and have to say its the best> product I've ever used (unfortunately my salon doesn't> carry it.)It can be used on wet or dry hair and also> acts as a filler before chemical services to equalize> the porosity.I'm going to pick up the shampoo next> time.I'll let you know how that is.I've used all their products. The shampoo and styling aids work great, but I gave a few a their perms and had to do them over because after 1 day they fell out. I was very disappointed. I was also a model for them at a hair show and i liked the color they gave me, but i've heard that coloring products with no ammonia are unpredictable, and after what happened with the perms, I don't think I'll be trying them. I do however, use the silk therapy and the other styling products religiously.
lesley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lesley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:17am
I have been getting my hair highlighted for years and every since I turned 40 it is getting drier.I blowdry my hair every day .Could someone please help me find products.Also,can someone reccomend a product for shine,something that you don't have to put in your hair everyday,maybe a salon procedure.THANKS FOR ANY INFO!!!
Carolyn B View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carolyn B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:08am
Thanks for the info. I will check it out. I'm always on the lookout for something new. Since I don't plan on getting a different haircut, other than longer length, I am hooked on trying new products and new ways of styling.Carolyn B
Kelly F. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly F. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:08am
> Where do you get Biosilk and Sunglitz products? I have> never heard of them. They sound like something I might> like to try. I am a confirmed hair product and make-up> junkie. I love trying new stuff. Thanks> CarolynHi Carolyn, I don't have any local salons that sell Biosilk or Sunglitz (I believe they are both made by Farouk Systems), but you can get them at the WWBS. That is where I order mine. I believe they carry both lines. :) I am a definite hair product junkie too & have tried 100s of new things over the years. SunGlitz is the best! Kelly F.
Chani View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:08am
Dear Carolyn..I live in South Africa so Im not sure where you would be able to get hold of them, but maybe Kelly F or Jul could help=)
Carolyn B View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carolyn B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:08am
Where do you get Biosilk and Sunglitz products? I have never heard of them. They sound like something I might like to try. I am a confirmed hair product and make-up junkie. I love trying new stuff. ThanksCarolyn
Kelly F. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly F. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:08am
> I went into a Salon today to buy some Goldwell> Shampoos for the first time when the lady at the> counter said that the Biosilk and Sunglitz ranges were> better?? I wasnt sure if she was truley offering> advice or just try to sell me a product thats twice> the price of the one I went in for. I decided to go> back in a couple of days after asking you guys for> advice first.> Please help> Thanks.Hi Chani, I just bought my first SunGlitz product, called "PrePlus". It is a detangler, porosity equalizer and is used like a conditioner. I have to say that it is absolutely spectacular! It's just about the best thing I've ever used. My hair is very straight and well past my shoulders. I have never felt my hair so soft and full of swing and body. It's an amazing product & I plan on trying some other things in that line. Hope this helps. :) Kelly F.
Jul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:07am
> I went into a Salon today to buy some Goldwell> Shampoos for the first time when the lady at the> counter said that the Biosilk and Sunglitz ranges were> better?? I wasnt sure if she was truley offering> advice or just try to sell me a product thats twice> the price of the one I went in for. I decided to go> back in a couple of days after asking you guys for> advice first.> Please help> Thanks.Chani, I've never tried Sunglitz but Biosilk is incredible.I recently purchased Silk treatment, a leave-in conditioner, and have to say its the best product I've ever used (unfortunately my salon doesn't carry it.)It can be used on wet or dry hair and also acts as a filler before chemical services to equalize the porosity.I'm going to pick up the shampoo next time.I'll let you know how that is.
Sunshine
Chani View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:07am
I went into a Salon today to buy some Goldwell Shampoos for the first time when the lady at the counter said that the Biosilk and Sunglitz ranges were better?? I wasnt sure if she was truley offering advice or just try to sell me a product thats twice the price of the one I went in for. I decided to go back in a couple of days after asking you guys for advice first.Please helpThanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic