Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - a good semi permanet hair dye, also will my hair fall out
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

a good semi permanet hair dye, also will my hair fall out

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: a good semi permanet hair dye, also will my hair fall out
    Posted: June 25 2002 at 10:53pm
Can anyone here recommend a good semi permanent dye that I can use to make my hair one shade darker?
Also, since my hair is already slightly dry and a bit frizzy due to past chemical processes, will a semi permanent dye make my hair fall out?
Any help would be appreciated
Rita (:
scotcdnlass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotcdnlass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2002 at 10:39am
Hi Rita;

I use L`Oreal`s Colour Spa Castings, I find it doesn`t do much damage to my hair and as I have long hair there seems to be enough product in the package to get good coverage.

Like you I have used a lot of products on my hair and I found that I was losing a lot of hair in my hair brush. I have always treated my hair with great reverance and it horrified me that I was losing hair to over colouring or changing products. I would concentrate on getting my hair into the best possible health before changing the colour. You will only make it worse by adding dye to it.

You might want to try a natural henna product as I find they leave my hair feeling fantastic and they aren`t as drying. The last henna I saw though was over $16 an application so its not cheap. A herbal store may have them and I know Lush sells henna products (they ship on line too)

As I have auburn hair I only look for a product to stop my hair ends from blonding out after the summer and maybe a mid winter lift to my natural colour as I find it gets pretty blah.

I hope this helps, it can be scary trying something new especially if your hair is damaged.

Good Luck
Lori
amberbella View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amberbella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2002 at 7:45pm
Do you REALLY want the haircolor to fade and wash out? If not, may I recommend Robert Craig Haircolor. It is a very very gentle permanent color that has no peroxide, ammonia, or bleach in it (it won`t lighten hair). They also say that if you leave the color in for less time it will be semi-permanent...haven`t tried that myself.

Check it out at www.robertcraig.com - they are very good about answering any of your questions quickly. I love love love this stuff. My hair is had been really damaged from lots of coloring, and this stuff has helped return my hair to it`s healthy looking state.

Good luck
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2003 at 4:13pm
Just saw this old thread. I have been trying to get info on Robert Craig Haircolor from someone who has tried it.

Has anyone here had any experience with, or heard anything about, this product? If you check out the website you'll see that it sounds like a great product. I am looking for third-party feedback on it. It sounds so perfect for me.

Thanks!

[/url]

LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2003 at 7:59pm
Hi.

Redken Shades EQ is the best at pure shiny color that conditions while it colors. It is a demi-permanant color that, depending on the application can last anywhere from 4 weeks to 4 months.

Shades EQ can only be attained by professional aplication and the cost is well worth it.
Your hair will look better and healthier than before.

Good Luck!!!
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2003 at 8:19pm
I have had lots of Shades EQ color services and they were absolutely wonderful. But my hair grows very fast, and I need a root touch up every four weeks and there's just no way I am going to visit a salon once a month. Not only because of the cost, but also because it's inconvenient. I've been coloring at home for eons. I'm looking for an excellent, healthier permanent line that I can use at home. I'm getting greyer and greyer and the semis are washing out too quickly these days.

My colorist friend used to purchase Framesi for me on her account (gorgeous permanent color) but it's a pain for her to get. She's offered to switch me to Redken, but even that has peroxide. I'm wondering if this Robert Craig "powder + water" is better for my hair. Could it be better (i.e., more natural) than Redken?

I've noticed that Sally's also has a few powder + water permanent colors that claim to have no ammonia, no peroxide, all gentle, etc. Water Works Permanent Powder Hair Color By: Worldwide Cosmetics is another of these, seems to be similar to Robert Craig.

What can you tell me about this type of product?
[/url]

LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2003 at 11:55pm
Hi,

I just went to the website for Robert Craig to see for myself.
It claims there are no amonias or peroxides to "damage the hair"---Without peroxides or amonias, aka developers, the cuticles cannot open. In order for this product to work, the ph of it is probably VERY high, which is even worse on your hair than the developers. There is NO other way that those color molecules can enter the hair.

He also states for resistant grey, heat must be applied.----Heat + high PH =very bad news.

What I would suggest for your in between times would be a color shampoo. Paul Mitchell, Redken, Aveda all make very good color shampoos. The trick is to apply them once a week to dry hair and leave them on for 15-30 minutes, then shampoo out.

Another would be, a stick like a crayon, made by Roux, It is sold at sallys. You wet it and apply it straight to the grey areas that show. You will have to apply it after every shampoo but it works. Don't apply it too heavy though, it can weigh hair down.

I hope this helps, my brain feels picked clean
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2003 at 11:20am
Thanks very much for researching this, Lili.

I have always wanted to try the Roux crayon, those little grey hairs that appear on the hairline a week after a color drive me crazy. I think I will try that.

My friend picked up some Redken Fusion for me to use at home (2N and 3N for my 1/3 - 2/3 mixture). She promises it's every bit as great as Framesi. My regular hair stylist agrees, so now I can't wait to try it. I'm going to have her pick up a year's worth for me so that I won't have to keep bothering her.

I suppose I will forget Robert Craig and keep to my usual method of doing the permanent color on roots about once every two or three months, with a Natural Instincts semi-permanent in between. And the crayon for those pesky hairline greys.

Ah, how I wish I would have appreciated my natural color before the greys came!

Thanks again!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic