Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A couple of questions....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ingrid16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingrid16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A couple of questions....
    Posted: December 16 2002 at 12:01pm
Hey! I just had a couple questions for those product- saavy individuals out there....

1)Could you suggest a good super-hold gel or pomade or wax-type product, mainly for acheiving a slick, wet look that`ll last for a long time?

2)For those of you who color- could you suggest a good shampoo that won`t strip away color? I`m pretty new to the hair coloring world and everything I`ve tried so far (ColorVive and Redken) still seems to make my color dull and fade.

Oh, yeah, I don`t have a whole lotta money to spend on stuff (I work part time as a waitress at a cheesy little restaurant where nobody leaves big tips), so I`m also looking for stuff that doesn`t cost too much. Can anybody help me out?

Thanks in advance.
Lotsa Love,

Ingrid
If I had wings then I could take you in
I'd stay on the ground and show you some things
The grass is strewn with blades of gold
all sights and sounds I have been told
all hopes, desires, seem to sing
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2002 at 12:49pm
Hi Ingrid! How`s the new haircut going? My advice on color-friendly shampoo: Try a color-enhancing shampoo/conditioner that will actually play up your shade. Unfortunately NO shampoo can ever really protect color, so the best you can do is use a gentle, non-drying formula, stay out of direct sunlight whenever possible and don`t wash your hair every day. Paul Mitchell makes a great color line but unfortunately it`s a little pricey, as is Artec`s equally good line. However, I *can* enthusiastically recommend Clairol Complements, an ultra-gentle shampoo that can add some beautiful tones to colored hair and doesn`t cost a ton. It comes in....let me find it online here......: Ash Blonde, Natural Blonde, Gold Blonde, Red Copper, Red Plu and Ash Brown. I found this at Sally Beauty (how I love that store.) Unfortunately they don`t make a color conditioner so you might have to try the salon for that if you`re interested. I don`t know that this will help you but I hope so! Have a great afternoon :-)
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Ingrid16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingrid16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2002 at 2:11am
Hey, Lyris! Thanx for the advice. I`ll take a look at some of this stuff. I dunno if those Clairol ones will work cuz I dye my hair jet black, and they probalby don`t have one for that. However, I have used some Paul Mitchell stuff in the past & found it to be worth the extra $$$$$, so maybe I`ll check that out. I`ll let you know how it goes. Oh, yeah, I wrote a `lil message to ya on the General Hair Talk board.
Thanx again & take care :) :) :)

Love,
Ingrid
If I had wings then I could take you in
I'd stay on the ground and show you some things
The grass is strewn with blades of gold
all sights and sounds I have been told
all hopes, desires, seem to sing
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic