Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dread Beads

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
supernappy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supernappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dread Beads
    Posted: June 03 2004 at 5:51pm
Hey. I've had dreads for about 6 weeks now, and they are starting to get fairly nice, except I seem to have quite abit of loose hairs. Anyways, I recently put a few beads in, a couple glass ones, and a spiral and such, and i'm wondering something. When i wash my hair, and they all get wet, will they just slip out? How exactly do you secure them in?
PS: On a different note, anyone here know here i can get a dreadlocks visor? Other than dreadheadhq.com?

Thanks
Lacey View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lacey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2004 at 10:49pm
ya know... i am woundering the same thing!
emilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2004 at 1:13pm
you should wait a little while before you put beads into them, wait until they are a little tighter. try weaving your lose hairs into close dreads.. even use a crochet hook or something to weave them through, then when your dreads are a little bit older you can put the beads in & they should stay fine.. just make sure there's a nice big clump of hair below the bead to help hold it in place.
MenaceIISociety View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MenaceIISociety Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2004 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by emilee emilee wrote:

you should wait a little while before you put beads into them, wait until they are a little tighter. try weaving your lose hairs into close dreads.. even use a crochet hook or something to weave them through, then when your dreads are a little bit older you can put the beads in & they should stay fine.. just make sure there's a nice big clump of hair below the bead to help hold it in place.
true
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic