Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Reality Show set in Hair Salon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
wozziewoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wozziewoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Reality Show set in Hair Salon
    Posted: June 12 2003 at 11:17pm
All I have to say is it's about time. I read an article in my local newspaper today about a new reality show that will be airing on Oxygen. It takes place in a hair salon, & shows the daily dramas & goings on of the sylists, other employees, & clients, & of course it will show women getting thier hair cut.
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2003 at 8:02pm
Interesting ! Might have to check it out!
Thanks for letting us know about it!
tina
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2003 at 9:36pm
Oh so Wayyyyy Coolll!!!!

I have to check that out!!!!

Let us know when this comes on!!!!
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2003 at 2:40am
Sounds like a winner. I love to just sit under the hairdryer and watch people in the salon when they don't think I am watching them. :-)

It is funny but a male friend of mine who absolutely hates the bachelor shows, really enjoys Top Model. He told me that it is so real to life that he can't stop watching. A lot like what Lili said about Big Brother. I think a beauty salon would be so real to life.

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2003 at 11:54am
This'll actually be an American version of a British show. Check out: http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/S/thesalon/index.html

And I can only explain some of the cuts as, "It must be fashionable in London...".

JF
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
Isla Q. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isla Q. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2003 at 2:33pm
A similar show aired in Holland a few years ago. I think it was taken off the air prematurely due to poor ratings. Hope the American show does better.
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2003 at 3:45pm
Most of our reality shows come from England and Holland. It actually could be quite clever. Not only can the staff be picked for how interesting TV personalities they'll be, but the clients can be selected the same way. The stylists won't know what to expect.
Cora View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2003 at 9:06pm
There was an article in Vanity Fair recently about the two guys that cook up a lot of the reality shows that make it to the US. They said that they did get inspiration from Europe. They also are best friends but compete head to head to win the ratings. Bachelor 1, 2, 3 did well but Joe Millionaire which was a psuedo rip off of Bachelor kicked major ratings butt. For Love Or Money is doing really well too. Fascinating stuff. Like a car wreck that we can't stop watching.
crazzzycait View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazzzycait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2003 at 3:37am
Stupid basic cable..I don't get Oxygen channel..I didn't even get it with digital cable.

I can't ask for it from my parents..'hey mom and dad, can we order this channel so I can watch people get their haircut'..somehow I doubt they'll do anything but laugh.
escucha el ritmo de tu corazon...te amo. <3 caiter tot
Cora View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2003 at 3:21am
Well what the hell. Give it a try. The salon reality show has to be a blast.
tony9999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony9999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2003 at 5:48am
Well I just got digital and have the channel. Anyone know when this is supposed to air?
Change is good for the soul and fun to talk about!
Corkscrew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corkscrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2003 at 6:45am
Same question as Tony as I didn't see any answer ... when does it air, or is it already on?

Can't wait!
LucasMoore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LucasMoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2013 at 12:24am
Oh so Way Cool. I have to check that out!!!!    

Share Topic