Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hair treatment for guys

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
verion View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2004 at 9:13am
hi!! can i ask something? i notice something in my hair, when i comb my hair, my scalp feels kinda cleaner and easier to comb after using the shampoos you mentioned... but then i notice my hair kinda feels dry... what do you think is wrong? thank you!!

AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2004 at 2:21pm
Hi Verion,

I doubt your hair is dry.
If your hair is dry then you would probably notice some difference in color.

Some conditioners build up on hair and don't wash out easily, making hair feel brittle or crunchy. I prevent this with a vinegar rinse:

---Basically, I take 1/2 cup vinegar and put it in a soda bottle, then add 2 cups of tap water.
---Pour this mixture through your hair AFTER shampooing and BEFORE conditioner. ... so it goes Shampoo, Vinegar rinse, Conditioner.
---It's best to do this once a week, or every two hairwashes.

Vinegar removes all the conditioner residue that sticks to absorbent hair (typical Asian hair, especially, is VERY absorbent)

The vinegar smell goes away after the hair has dried.

ANYways, I suggest you try this first before experimenting with more products again. Who knows, maybe your hair IS dry, but it's best to rule out product buildup first.

HTH :)
Anais
my LJ, 40 inches long
verion View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2004 at 7:40am
ok i'll try this procedure once i fear that it may damage more my already bad hair :) btw what can this vinegar procedure do to help my hair??

also question is there a way to make my hair kinda fall flat because my hair is looking big like it wont EVER fall down like other male korean can? what do you think i should do?

thanks for helping me again!! :)
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2004 at 12:57pm
Sorry to cut and paste but I have a bazillion things to do right now.. :)

Some conditioners build up on hair and don't wash out easily, making hair feel brittle or crunchy.

Vinegar removes all the conditioner residue that sticks to absorbent hair (typical Asian hair, especially, is VERY absorbent)

it's best to rule out product buildup first.

and frankly there's not much you can do to make your hair "fall flat" because coarse hair (wide strands) likes to spring upwards. It's the nature of Asian hair. Don't fight it. :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic