Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

highlight contrasts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
scheherazade View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scheherazade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: highlight contrasts
    Posted: December 10 2004 at 9:37pm
I like highlights, but I see too many girls with cheesy bad highlihghts.. i don't like when they're all stripy or obvious. i like when it's either subtle or a little punky.. not when it's like striped panels. i especially dislike how it seems like every brunette girl needs to get a bunch of inappropriate blond highlights all over.

i'm getting highlights next week but i'm a little nervous that i won't like it. i like the idea of adding colour, but highlights sometimes seem cliched. should i have asked to have my whole head colored instead of highlights? the stylist wants to go 2 tones lighter in the highlights.. is that close enough to my natural tone to look okay?
rory0907 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rory0907 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2004 at 9:54pm
sounds like the highlights SHOULD be ok...as long as their natural and your stylist knows that...better yet, find a pic you like a take it with you

or get lowlights, my friend gets those and they looks wonderful on her
jodie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jodie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2004 at 9:24am
hey i hav highlights i did hav the rly obvious ones ages ago wen i was like 12, but now i hav ones that mix in mor wit my hair n look prety natural so its al gd, umm wit urs, jus make sur they kno u dnt want masiv stripes dwn ur head, they'l kno wa u mean n then they mite do lots of little ones that mix in wit ur hair colour, but r noticeable, but that dnt look mingin!
gd luck! xxxxx
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic