Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Golden Globes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Golden Globes
    Posted: January 22 2001 at 4:13am
Any comments on GG´s Gala?
Nicole Kidman´s cut and locks?
Rene Zellweger´s short style?
Julia Roberts´s bouffant?
Anne Heche´s grown out bob?
tony9999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony9999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2001 at 4:33am
I think Nicole Kidman looked great, Rene Zellweger`s hair was up, not short.... and Julia Roberts looked good.

What struck me the most was how TERRIBLE all four women from "Sex in the City" looked: I hate Sara Jessica Parker`s color, Cynthia Nixon looked like a red headed peacock that doesn`t own a comb, Kim Cattrell looked like she was strung out on heroin she too could have at least brushed her hair, and Kristen Davis didn`t look much better than anyone else with her hair pinned up in no particular style....

If this is what these women are going to look like next season, they better change the title to "Less Sex in the City".....

Change is good for the soul and fun to talk about!
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2001 at 9:16am
Reply to message: 3.4690.1
Nothing too exciting, but I never got a long enough look at Nicole Kidman. I couldn`t tell if she cut her hair or if it was just artfully pinned up! Anyone have the scoop? Sarah Jessica Parker is WAY too blonde. The trailer park trash bimbo blonde has to go!
Fiona View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2001 at 1:43pm
From the best I could tell it appears that Nicole Kidman cut her hair. Here is a picture of her.

phil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2001 at 2:02pm
I quite liked Julia Roberts` beehive-type contraption. Seems like in her speech she toned down her trademark bad language and toned up her hairstyle. Nice. But what`s happened to Liz Taylor? I`ve alluded to her bird`s nest before and it seems nothing`s changed.
phil
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2001 at 2:50pm
Reply to message: 3.4694.1
IMO Nicole Kidman cut some but not as much as it appears... I think we`ll have to wait on the great Flea`s opinion!
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2001 at 3:36pm
Reply to message: 3.4695.1
In regards to Nicole, I`ve been going back and forth on this myself. For a while I was convinced she cut it, but now I`m thinking that it was just pinned up in a creative way (think Sela Ward`s "bob" from a few weeks back).

The only wrench in that thinking is that, unless I was seeing things during NBC`s dopey opening montage, Nicole arrived wearing a long, straight, brown wig with bangs. Why the wig, if she was going to go with her own hair during the show and if it wasn`t cut?

I`ll keep on it and I expect everyone else to pass along any tidbits they find.

Later,
JF
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
Morgan View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2001 at 4:34pm
Reply to message: 3.4696.1
Actually that footage at the beginning was from last year`s Golden Globes and was not Nicole but her sister (I know they look a lot alike). Hope this helps.
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2001 at 4:56pm
Reply to message: 3.4697.1
If it is a haircut, I think it has aged Nicole Kidman. That`s not necessarily a good thing when you`re an actress, is it?
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2001 at 6:22pm
Reply to message: 3.4698.1
Fresh from the airwaves of "ET"... Bob Goen sez she "trimmed a few inches and tucked the rest of her hair up." Though of course we have no idea yet what "a few inches" means.

I think the women`s hair in general was the best ever at the Golden Globes. Camryn Manheim`s hair was stunning -- gently waved and super shiny. Calista Flockhart looked the best she ever has (that I`ve seen). J Lo went classy this year (no peekaboo dress). I didn`t realize Charlize Theron`s hair was long enough to pin up. Sarah Jessica Parker must tone down that blonde, I`m in agreement with everybody else here that it does not look good on her (I think I`ve already said that here, though). Loved Kate Hudson`s flowing waves/curls to her waist. Did you see Jane Seymour`s daughter? Wow... hope we see more of her on big or little screen.
rattlayitdown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rattlayitdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2001 at 7:01pm
Reply to message: 3.4699.1
I was disappointed with the cast of Sex In The City. It`s my fav. show and I love them to death but they looked bad . I don`t like Sarah`s color, Cynthia`s hair looked ridiculous, and Kim`s face looked like she got sunburned or had a chemical peel, and I didn`t care for her hair (extensions I believe). I didn`t like Sela Ward`s hair or outfit. I thought Jennifer Lopez looked great. Calista`s
hair looked good not crazy about the dress, Julia looked good, Heather Locklear was a knockout and so was Gillian Anderson. Other than that nothing big.
AggiePam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AggiePam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2001 at 12:04am
Reply to message: 3.4707.1
Dittos on the Sex in the City gals. Too bad since they all have sooo much potential. You wonder if some stars get to the point where ..since they are STARS they think they automatically look great in anything!! (& stop paying attention???)
I really thought Nicole Kidman cut her hair. It really looked like it on TV, like chin-length. But I guess she could have pinned it. It looked great in that style though, very old-classic-Hollywood!
jimbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2001 at 10:17pm
Reply to message: 3.4711.1
Whatever Nicole did with her hair, it looks very classy.
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2001 at 1:41am
Reply to message: 3.4711.1
quote:

AggiePam originally wrote:
Reply to message: 3.4707.1
Dittos on the Sex in the City gals. Too bad since they all have sooo much potential. You wonder if some stars get to the point where ..since they are STARS they think they automatically look great in anything!! (& stop paying attention???)
I really thought Nicole Kidman cut her hair. It really looked like it on TV, like chin-length. But I guess she could have pinned it. It looked great in that style though, very old-classic-Hollywood!

Hi Pam,

I agree with you about the City gals. YUCK. I hate SJP`s new blonde color compliments of the color monger company. And I think Ms. Nixon has never had a good hair day in her whole life. Which is weird because her hair is on the short side. How hard could it be to give her a good do? I like Kristin Davis. She was the best of the bunch although IMO I think she looks so much better with her soft hair down and in waves.

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic