Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Amy Brenneman

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Ononotdon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ononotdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2001 at 11:41pm
Reply to message: 3.7738.1
quote:

ssjockey originally wrote:
Reply to message: 3.7737.1
Good point Hal,

I don't think you can compare the viewers of "Judging Amy" with the viewers of "Felicity". Fans might watch a celebrity because of his or her looks, but if the show is good, they should stick around, no matter what their hair looks like. Many other shows over the years have survived a star changing their appearance. Yes, even "Felicity", which I'm sure loved the free publicity.

I think the viewers of "Judging Amy" watch the show because it is well written and acted, not because Amy Brenneman has long curly hair!

Well put, ss. I must confess that I`m guilty of what you`ve just described. Initially, I watched "The Simpsons" just because of Marge`s hair. Same goes for "The Flinstones" - Wilma`s flaming red locks and Betty`s short `do (ooolala!). And aside from flashbacks to Marge`s high school days (unruly long blue hair), and Wilma and Betty`s trips to the beaty salon and experiments with various stoneage hair products, their hairstyles remained remarkably consistent. I think that this serves as quite a testimony, and explains these shows` durability. There has never been any ballyhoo surrounding their hairstyles. Wilma and Betty never changed, and it`s doubtful that Marge will any time soon. I`ve remained a loyal viewer because hell, those shows is funny! `nuff said.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic