Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Catherine Zeta-Jones banged!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2003 at 1:14am
Nah, my dream world would involve very short-haired, slightly androgynous women in business suits, actually. I'm the one who's into bursting gender roles wide open, remember?
For real, though, I've actually been reading up about fashion for once, so I've read about how some of the major design houses were showing '20s-inspired clothing. And then there were some nice flapper-like dresses in the Emmys, too. . . Hopefully that's a good sign that some of the '20s thing will actually trickle down into the closets of the average American woman. *hopes, anyway* That was a cool era. . . maybe the first time American women on a large scale ever tried to revolt against society's expectations of femininity :-) .

Originally posted by DaveDecker DaveDecker wrote:

Huh? '20s retro? On what planet? Kuronekodreamsphere?
More awesome than a manatee!
princessmonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2003 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by HairLover HairLover wrote:

Prediction: Bangs are STEP ONE to a shorter style.

where the heck did you come up with that? i have had bangs for years and have no intensions of cutting my long hair.
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2003 at 11:17pm
Look at this photo and tell me, honestly, if you think this woman needs bangs?

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/the.watsons/zeta/images/gallery/fhm4.jpg
shorthair75_2000 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorthair75_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2003 at 9:11am
Well I guess she thought she did or she would not have them right now! When it comes down to it all its up to her how to wear her hair, and if she wants hair down to her ankels and short bangs thats her right as a U.S. citizen to wear her hair as she feels fit, same goes the other way, if she chooses to chop her famous long sexy mane into a nice short mane and short bangs or no bangs that is her deciesion and no one else. Unless of course she is asked to cut it for a movie but even then she can decline to take the job or demand to wear a wig like she did in Chicago.I think she is pretty and has nice long hair, but would look just as sexy with short hair. You never know unless you try.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2003 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by shorthair75_2000 shorthair75_2000 wrote:

Well I guess she thought she did or she would not have them right now! When it comes down to it all its up to her how to wear her hair, and if she wants hair down to her ankels and short bangs thats her right as a U.S. citizen to wear her hair as she feels fit, same goes the other way, if she chooses to chop her famous long sexy mane into a nice short mane and short bangs or no bangs that is her deciesion and no one else. Unless of course she is asked to cut it for a movie but even then she can decline to take the job or demand to wear a wig like she did in Chicago.I think she is pretty and has nice long hair, but would look just as sexy with short hair. You never know unless you try.

Though I do agree with you on your "it's her decision" ramble, it took you awhile to get around to answering Gord's simple question (what was the point of your diatribe in the context of the subject?)

She tried, and now we know -- she looks better without the bangs. Though I think some suspected as much before the bangs appeared.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2003 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by Kuroneko Kuroneko wrote:

Nah, my dream world would involve very short-haired, slightly androgynous women in business suits, actually. I'm the one who's into bursting gender roles wide open, remember?
For real, though, I've actually been reading up about fashion for once, so I've read about how some of the major design houses were showing '20s-inspired clothing. And then there were some nice flapper-like dresses in the Emmys, too. . . Hopefully that's a good sign that some of the '20s thing will actually trickle down into the closets of the average American woman. *hopes, anyway* That was a cool era. . . maybe the first time American women on a large scale ever tried to revolt against society's expectations of femininity :-) .

I like long-haired women in all their guises, including in business suits, which could be seen as being contrary to the expected short-haired-woman-in-a-business-suit look in the workplace.

When you mentioned '20s inspired styles I presumed you were talking about the most recent decades of the '20s, that being the 1920s (as opposed to the 1820s or 1720s)... though "recent" and "1920s" are hardly congruous.
shorthair75_2000 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorthair75_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2003 at 6:43pm
Sorry Dave for some reason Gord just gets me going on my soap box. I guess it is from all the times he used to slam almost every thing I said. Gord brought up a good point and a sexy pic of Catherine too.

My ansewer was no she did not need them but looks just as sexy with them.
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2003 at 10:35pm
Cripe, if I'm going to get in trouble, I might as well go back to being Evil Gord. hehehe

Thanks for the support, Dave. I'm glad someone gets me.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2003 at 7:07am
We get you Gord...just don't like you!!! Just kidding of course... just disagreee with you.... Not kidding!
Lester View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2003 at 8:07am
Catherine is in the same boat Jane Seymour was. When a part calls for short hair,she will be allowed to wear a wig,just like Jane was. She does have very beautiful hair and I would hate to see her cut it. Speaking of Jane,I think we do need an actress with waist length hair again. Catherine would be perfect for that position!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic