Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GREEN HAIR

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
K View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GREEN HAIR
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:05pm
I had been coloring my hair for years and deceided to stop.Well, you know what that means, ROOTS. Well, I called the clairol hot-line and I got some goober that said that it was okay for me to apply Loving Care over my already colored hair. So I did and it turned my hair green. And I mean GREEN! I guess it was the metallic dyes in the hair color. Luckily, It was on Halloween, so I calmly walked into Kmart and purchased a bottle of metalex hoping it would get the green out. It got some of it out, but it still had a green tint. Anyway I washed my hair with dishwashing liquid, Tide, COMET- I don't recommend that- and anything else I could get my hands on. I finally gave up and went to the beauty shop. She asked me what my natural color was and I told her medium brown. She did all this stuff to me and finally got the green out! VICTORY! Not quite. She ended up turning me black-headed. I don't know what brand of hair color she put in, but it was like my hair just sponged it up! I washed it 4-5 times a day and it was always just as black as ever. I cried for weeks and months and finally the color started to fade. I look back now and I can't believe that I ever started coloring my hair again!
Bryan Cristoph View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Cristoph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:05pm
> I had been coloring my hair for years and deceided to> stop.Well, you know what that means, ROOTS. Well, I> called the clairol hot-line and I got some goober that> said that it was okay for me to apply Loving Care over> my already colored hair. So I did and it turned my> hair green. And I mean GREEN! I guess it was the> metallic dyes in the hair color. Luckily, It was on> Halloween, so I calmly walked into Kmart and purchased> a bottle of metalex hoping it would get the green out.> It got some of it out, but it still had a green tint.> Anyway I washed my hair with dishwashing liquid, Tide,> COMET- I don't recommend that- and anything else I> could get my hands on. I finally gave up and went to> the beauty shop. She asked me what my natural color> was and I told her medium brown. She did all this> stuff to me and finally got the green out! VICTORY!> Not quite. She ended up turning me black-headed. I> don't know what brand of hair color she put in, but it> was like my hair just sponged it up! I washed it 4-5> times a day and it was always just as black as ever. I> cried for weeks and months and finally the color> started to fade. I look back now and I can't believe> that I ever started coloring my hair again!
Bryan Cristoph+-\c h k9ib ni8 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Cristoph+-\c h k9ib ni8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:05pm
> I had been coloring my hair for years and deceided to> stop.Well, you know what that means, ROOTS. Well, I> called the clairol hot-line and I got some goober that> said that it was okay for me to apply Loving Care over> my already colored hair. So I did and it turned my> hair green. And I mean GREEN! I guess it was the> metallic dyes in the hair color. Luckily, It was on> Halloween, so I calmly walked into Kmart and purchased> a bottle of metalex hoping it would get the green out.> It got some of it out, but it still had a green tint.> Anyway I washed my hair with dishwashing liquid, Tide,> COMET- I don't recommend that- and anything else I> could get my hands on. I finally gave up and went to> the beauty shop. She asked me what my natural color> was and I told her medium brown. She did all this> stuff to me and finally got the green out! VICTORY!> Not quite. She ended up turning me black-headed. I> don't know what brand of hair color she put in, but it> was like my hair just sponged it up! I washed it 4-5> times a day and it was always just as black as ever. I> cried for weeks and months and finally the color> started to fade. I look back now and I can't believe> that I ever started coloring my hair again!
theresa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theresa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:06pm
I had very blonde hair. I decided to go dark brown. Big mistake! It turned green. I finally went to a Salon. The beauty operator fixed it. First and the main thing is she died it auburn. Then she took it to medium brown. This must mean that if you are going to go from very light blonde to dark brown, you should dye the hair a medium shade of red first. It makes sense.She called the red dye a "filler". Strange that was way way back when I was a teenager. But I always remembered that she said that I would look good as a redhead. Well two decades later I decided to go to red hair. I LOVE IT. I do look best as a redhead! And that dear readers is my story.
Diane View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:06pm
Dear Bryon,Im just curuoius did you tell your stylist what you did to your hair? Adout the loving care and the comet? That could have had an effect on your hair as well. You cant always blame sytlyist for your own mistakes.Resecetful, Diane
K View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:06pm
> Dear Bryon,> Im just curuoius did you tell your stylist what you> did to your hair? Adout the loving care and the comet?> That could have had an effect on your hair as well.> You cant always blame sytlyist for your own mistakes.> Resecetful, DianeI think you are referrring to me. Bryan's post never made it. Anyway, yes I told her everything that I did to my hair. The loving care is what turned it green. It has metallic dyes in it. NEVER put that stuff on hair that has been colored!!! I wouldn't have either, but I called that clairol hotline to get some good advice and ended up with green hair!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic