Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Being 9

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lindsey View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lindsey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Being 9
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:07pm
My mom told us that when she was a girl that my grandma had a rule that when you were 9 you had to cut your hair. I just turned 9 and my sister is 11. We both have very long hair. My mom said she would never make a rule like grandma did but last week my sister and me spended the night over at grama's house. I had just taken my bath and my grama always does braids on me that are real pretty and this time she called over my sister to look at it. Then I felt some pulling on my braid and heard this noise. My grandma cut off my hair above my shoulders and had my sister hold it. She said it was time for a change. Then she told my sister to go into the kitchen and she got her hair wet and then grandma started to cut some of Heather's hair too. My sister started crying a little bit and then my grandma let Heather cut some of her own hair off. Mom was a little mad but it wass too late - we both had short hair now. Now my hair is at the top of my shoulders and short in back. What do I do. My sister let my grandma finish cutting off all of her hair cuz my grandma used to be a beauty parlor lady but I don't want her to cut mine any more. Mom said I mite feel better if I wrote my story but I'm still sad. Mom says we have to go get mine cut again tomorrow to make it look better.Grandma still says it looks better and summer is coming and I will like it. I sleep with my long braid under my pillow.
Kim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:07pm
> Honey, your grandmother meant well and I'm sure she loves you. She probably grew up in a different time when everyone had shorter hair and she was probably a strict mom where Rules are Rules. Your hair will grow back fast. Look at some pictures of short hair and get your hair looking better. The faster you do this, the faster you can start to grow it out. I'm sure your grandma feels badly that she mad you sad too...------------------------------------------------------------My mom told us that when she was a girl that my> grandma had a rule that when you were 9 you had to cut> your hair. I just turned 9 and my sister is 11. We> both have very long hair. My mom said she would never> make a rule like grandma did but last week my sister> and me spended the night over at grama's house. I had> just taken my bath and my grama always does braids on> me that are real pretty and this time she called over> my sister to look at it. Then I felt some pulling on> my braid and heard this noise. My grandma cut off my> hair above my shoulders and had my sister hold it. She> said it was time for a change. Then she told my sister> to go into the kitchen and she got her hair wet and> then grandma started to cut some of Heather's hair> too. My sister started crying a little bit and then my> grandma let Heather cut some of her own hair off. Mom> was a little mad but it wass too late - we both had> short hair now. Now my hair is at the top of my> shoulders and short in back. What do I do. My sister> let my grandma finish cutting off all of her hair cuz> my grandma used to be a beauty parlor lady but I don't> want her to cut mine any more. Mom said I mite feel> better if I wrote my story but I'm still sad. Mom says> we have to go get mine cut again tomorrow to make it> look better.> Grandma still says it looks better and summer is> coming and I will like it. I sleep with my long braid> under my pillow.
Diane from Canada View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane from Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:07pm
> My mom told us that when she was a girl that my> grandma had a rule that when you were 9 you had to cut> your hair. I just turned 9 and my sister is 11. We> both have very long hair. My mom said she would never> make a rule like grandma did but last week my sister> and me spended the night over at grama's house. I had> just taken my bath and my grama always does braids on> me that are real pretty and this time she called over> my sister to look at it. Then I felt some pulling on> my braid and heard this noise. My grandma cut off my> hair above my shoulders and had my sister hold it. She> said it was time for a change. Then she told my sister> to go into the kitchen and she got her hair wet and> then grandma started to cut some of Heather's hair> too. My sister started crying a little bit and then my> grandma let Heather cut some of her own hair off. Mom> was a little mad but it wass too late - we both had> short hair now. Now my hair is at the top of my> shoulders and short in back. What do I do. My sister> let my grandma finish cutting off all of her hair cuz> my grandma used to be a beauty parlor lady but I don't> want her to cut mine any more. Mom said I mite feel> better if I wrote my story but I'm still sad. Mom says> we have to go get mine cut again tomorrow to make it> look better.> Grandma still says it looks better and summer is> coming and I will like it. I sleep with my long braid> under my pillow.I am so sorry to hear this. I certainly hope that your mother has a very long talk with her mother about this. It wasn't right. She wasn't your mother to make those decisions.Luckinly you are very young and it will grow again. I didn't start growing my hair when I was your age. I started when I was in my early 20's so now I have waist length hair and I am aiming for my knees so in other words make sure your mom has a talk with her mother about not touching you girls anymore and you do have time to grow it out and have very long hair.Diane from Canada
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:07pm
(Picture me simulating gills on the side of my neck with my hands and then tugging on the side of my mouth with a finger simulating a hook...a la Wayne Campbell in "Wayne's World)FISHED IN!Kim, Kim, Kim. Oh, and Diane, Diane, Diane. If this was written by a 9 year old girl, then I'm a 78 year old Korean woman.Which I'm not.JerkyFlea
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
Lindsey View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lindsey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:07pm
> (Picture me simulating gills on the side of my neck> with my hands and then tugging on the side of my mouth> with a finger simulating a hook...a la Wayne Campbell> in "Wayne's World)> FISHED IN!> Kim, Kim, Kim. Oh, and Diane, Diane, Diane. If this> was written by a 9 year old girl, then I'm a 78 year> old Korean woman.> Which I'm not.> JerkyFleaOk we got the mental picture.... geesh. I am Lindsey's mom and of course it was edited. She wrote part of it in a letter to her grandmother (who is feeling quite badly, thank you) You wouldn't have been able to read it the way she wrote it. Point being - her hair was long, grama chopped it, Lindsey's angry - and not too trusting. She vented, I typed ! OK ! If I could go back and erase the whole durned thing... I would..
Diane from Canada View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane from Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:07pm
> (Picture me simulating gills on the side of my neck> with my hands and then tugging on the side of my mouth> with a finger simulating a hook...a la Wayne Campbell> in "Wayne's World)> FISHED IN!> Kim, Kim, Kim. Oh, and Diane, Diane, Diane. If this> was written by a 9 year old girl, then I'm a 78 year> old Korean woman.> Which I'm not.> JerkyFleaI already came to conclusion that it had to be her mom that wrote that letter because I have an 8 year old . You could be a bit sensitive there JerkyFlea Gee!!Lindsey I am so sorry to hear that your mother couldn't respect the way you raise your girls.Diane
megan and ra ra View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote megan and ra ra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:07pm
> My mom told us that when she was a girl that my> grandma had a rule that when you were 9 you had to cut> your hair. I just turned 9 and my sister is 11. We> both have very long hair. My mom said she would never> make a rule like grandma did but last week my sister> and me spended the night over at grama's house. I had> just taken my bath and my grama always does braids on> me that are real pretty and this time she called over> my sister to look at it. Then I felt some pulling on> my braid and heard this noise. My grandma cut off my> hair above my shoulders and had my sister hold it. She> said it was time for a change. Then she told my sister> to go into the kitchen and she got her hair wet and> then grandma started to cut some of Heather's hair> too. My sister started crying a little bit and then my> grandma let Heather cut some of her own hair off. Mom> was a little mad but it wass too late - we both had> short hair now. Now my hair is at the top of my> shoulders and short in back. What do I do. My sister> let my grandma finish cutting off all of her hair cuz> my grandma used to be a beauty parlor lady but I don't> want her to cut mine any more. Mom said I mite feel> better if I wrote my story but I'm still sad. Mom says> we have to go get mine cut again tomorrow to make it> look better.> Grandma still says it looks better and summer is> coming and I will like it. I sleep with my long braid> under my pillow.we doctors at the mental hospital reccomend your grandma to visit to receive excestential help for her psycotic ways!
Erin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:09pm
when it comes right down to it, you guys should have said "no" to grandma. its not snotty, you guys could have just said "no thanks grandma"
Topaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Topaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:10pm
> Perhaps Lindsey would feel better if she did not stay alone with PsychoGramma until she can trust her again.
kerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:10pm
that was rude jerkyflea--hence the name jerky, eh?
kerry wilson
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic