Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Got this from another messageboard (ro)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JenniferM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JenniferM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Got this from another messageboard (ro)
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:07pm
This didn't happen to me, but I read this on another messageboard about beauty misshaps. I know this has happened to many people before. (I have omitted the author's name.)This was about 2 years ago...I decided I was going to try to copy my hairstylist's method of styling my hair. He blew it dry around a big round brush, and it always looked so great after I left the salon, but couldn't ever get it to look that way on my own. So I bought a big round brush and tried it myself one morning, before work (I worked in a law firm at the time). Well, the brush got stuck. I had twisted it up to far (and too tight). I don't mean it was hard to get out--it was STUCK in my hair. I spent about 20 minutes pulling and tugging and crying, until I thought I was going to have to cut my hair off to get the thing out of there! I called my mom hysterical, crying "I've got a brush *stuck* in my hair," she started laughing (she said I would laugh about it later, and I do, now, but at the time it was anything but funny!). I was already late for work, and there was nothing I could do. I had this brush hanging vertically next to the side of my face, right below my ear, with my hair all wrapped tight around it. There was no point in staying home, I couldn't get it out myself, and I figured my female co-workers could help me out. So I drove through downtown 8 a.m. traffic like that, and walked all the way up the parking deck stairs and into my high-rise type building that I worked in, and right past the receptionist like nothing was going on. I walked directly to my friend's office and we both burst into laughter...to make a long story short (oops, too late!!) she got it out after working on it for about 30 minutes! I've never tried a round brush since, and probably never will again!
meja View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:08pm
i did that ones too - tried to use a round brush like that one and it just got stuck... never again...
Cynthia View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cynthia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:08pm
People !!!!! Round brushes are not the enemy. I have Fine, Straight hair. I have an amazing brush. It was created by Revlon. It has a steel base, and very short bristles. I have rapped my shoulder length hair around it for a few years now, and have never had a problem. They have various sizes for different styles. They work with the heat of the blow dryer to create a full affect. I've also heard that they work great for smoothing and straightening curly hair.Yes, it would require the evil blow dryer. Imagine !!!! I can understand wanting healthy hair. I'd like mine to be a little less dry, but it still looks nice, and it feels even better. They have some fantastic hair products that strengthen even the weakest hair.I have one thing to say to all of you Llong haired" women who seem to have attitudes. Have you ever wondered what it would feel like to cut it off? Let me tell you.It feels like 10 lbs has been lifted off of your head. You don't think your head feels heavy now, do you? I guarentee you, it is heavier than you think. Secondly, I bet you think it looks great on you, don't you. I bet, for the majority of you, it doesn't. It drags you down, hides the beauty of your face, and causes you to look blah. Get a style!!!! Something that you can play with. Don't tell me you can do a lot with your hair now. I know you can't. It's too heavy to curl, it's too blah to keep down, it's too heavy to put up all the time, and it spends more time in a pony tail, than Bill Clinton's lawyers spends in court.I know this from experience. I loved my mid thigh length hair, until I cut it off. Now I go from short to long, various lengths of long, many updos, straight styles, curly styles. You name it, I do it.Stop being affraid of change. Try something fun. It does grow back
Dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:08pm
> I have one thing to say to all of you Llong> haired" women who seem to have attitudes. Have> you ever wondered what it would feel like to cut it> off? Let me tell you.> It feels like 10 lbs has been lifted off of your head.> You don't think your head feels heavy now, do you? I> guarentee you, it is heavier than you think. Secondly,> I bet you think it looks great on you, don't you. I> bet, for the majority of you, it doesn't. It drags you> down, hides the beauty of your face, and causes you to> look blah. Get a style!!!! Something that you can play> with. Don't tell me you can do a lot with your hair> now. I know you can't. It's too heavy to curl, it's> too blah to keep down, it's too heavy to put up all> the time, and it spends more time in a pony tail, than> Bill Clinton's lawyers spends in court.> I know this from experience. I loved my mid thigh> length hair, until I cut it off. Now I go from short> to long, various lengths of long, many updos, straight> styles, curly styles. You name it, I do it.> Stop being affraid of change. Try something fun. It> does grow backDear Cynthia,I am happy for you that you like your hair as it is. Kindly do not tell others what to do and how to feel about their hair.> It does grow backHas yours?You have accused "long-haired" women of having an attitude, but certainly, in so doing, you indict yourself.Good day, Cynthia.
David M Squires
Diane from Canada View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane from Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:08pm
I dare you to say all this on the hair politics .
Cynthia View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cynthia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:08pm
>What, pray tell, is hair politics? I' m sure you'll have no problem letting us know. I was not attacking anybody. I was just trying to let those who MAY be hiding behind their hair, to give something new a try. Fear of the unknown leads for a very boring life. And, since you seem to take everything as a personal attack, perhaps you too are hiding. Are you affraid you will no longer "be somebody" without your hair. Is this a personal attack on you? No need to be paranoid, it is. I think people come hear to share stories and to have fun. You seem to want to attack anybody who has a different opinion. Me, hide, I don't think so. I'm not affraid of anything but the dark, and white spiders. Oh, and kittens that jump on my head in the night, get stuck in my formerly thigh length hair, and matte it.I don't know if you actually read my last message, or if you just saw your name and assumed it was a personal attack, but I too had long, long hair once. I too could sit on, and had to have my Mom help me wash it. I too got nasty tangles that I was affraid I was going to have to cut out, but I grew up. I decided that I had outgrown my long hair, and that my identity was not a matter of how long my hair was, but about how I felt about myself. Guess what Dianne. You can feel good about yourself, without long hair!!!!Oh, and to all of the other nations on this line, I too am Canadian. Please do not judge us by this childish banter. We ARE very nice people (in general). Maybe even Dianne is.
Cynthia View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
> Hey Dave, I repeat what I said to Dianne. Why take it so personally. For the most part, I was joking around. Let me gues... hair is no joking matter. Are you people so unhappy with your lives, that all you have to talk about is your hair. Get real people. I came to this board to get advise on how to grow my hair longer, faster. I have my wedding coming up in October, and I'd like it to be about 3 inches longer. I'd also like to know how people with REALLY long hair, keep it healthy. Well at least those who do keep it healthy. Some people just have NASTY long hair.So, I never meant to offend anybody. But to those whom I have offended, perhaps you should think about how much emphasis you put on your hair, and how much of it is psychological.
Dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:08pm
Hello Cynthia,> Why take it so personally.I'm not a long-haired woman, but when you originally wrote "I have onething to say to all of you long-haired" women who seem to have attitudes,"I read it as an insult to long-haired women. Now that I re-read yourmessage, it seems that you apply it only to those who have attitudes.So it may apply to very few, if any, long-haired women. Certainly thoughyou can understand why I detected a very noticeable "attitude" from youthough, right?> For the most part, I was joking around.Okay. But it was very easy to read your post as being serious. No smileysor any other clues to indicate you weren't emphatically ranting.> Let me guess... hair is no joking matter.If it is to you, that's fine... but in your rant you were telling otherpeople how they ought to feel about their hair. Who really are you totell others to tell others how to feel about their hair, one way or theother? The point is that your message, no matter what it was, waspresented in an offensive manner.> Are you people so unhappy with your lives, that all you have to talk> about is your hair. Get real people.What's your point? That people who talk about their hair are unhappy?That's quite an assumption. How will you go about proving it?> I came to this board to get advise on how to grow my hair longer, faster.> I have my wedding coming up in October, and I'd like it to be about 3> inches longer. I'd also like to know how people with REALLY long hair,> keep it healthy. Well at least those who do keep it healthy.Congratulations in advance on your upcoming wedding, and good luck onachieving your goal. I hope you find at Hair Boutique the info youseek. Hair Talk may be the more appropriate forum for such advice(just a friendly suggestion).> Some people just have NASTY long hair.Maybe their hair would benefit by applying some of the haircare infoshared on Hair Talk? :-)> So, I never meant to offend anybody. But to those whom I have offended,> perhaps you should think about how much emphasis you put on your hair,> and how much of it is psychological.Well, if I may suggest, you may want to consider re-reading youroriginal post. Perhaps then you may see how some of the things yousaid may have been seen by others as offensive.Well, good luck to you.Dave
David M Squires
Diane from Canada View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane from Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:08pm
> Hello Cynthia:Your message did come across like an attack to any long hair lady because you didn't type in any lol or smile symbols so I wasn't the only one that realy thought you were serious.My hair doesn't gave me any confidence. I am who I am because of my soul and nothing more or less. I can easily shave my head and feel the same. I have so much confidence that I am spoke person for an international company so really I am far from being insecure. Thanks for the concern. Have a nice a hair day. Also a bit of advice please don't assume what someone thinks. I respect everyone choices and it is very well known.Have a nice day.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic