Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mom`s who want hair cut

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
liz_naz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liz_naz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2002 at 7:37pm
i dunno wha all this UK american thingy is goin on about

but anywayz :|

i had the same prob cept my mom wudnt let me cut my hair that was down to my knees

and i used ot cry and beg and she still wudnt let me :(

so i know how ya feel
---------------x
:Liz_Naz* (",)
smokin` Joe View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smokin` Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2002 at 4:03pm
Dude you gave me a boner
Emily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2002 at 11:47pm
Col Doe -- "For example, it is a fact that while much of the United States has enacted laws prohibiting corporal punishment of children in schools, many Southern states have schools in which brutal paddlings are commonplace. Similarly, I know full well that not every Southern white is a bigot, but the KKK is stronger down there than up here."

This is definitely proof that you live in the north and still stereotype the south. I`ve lived in Texas and Arkansas (and in 2 weeks am moving to Alabama), and so I would know from experience -- that whole paragraph is nonsense. I won`t say there aren`t a few small towns (population about 800) where hicks drive around slurring black people and plastering rebel flags all over everything they own, but the whole school deal and KKK definitely is bogus. Unless you`ve been down here and witnessed it within the last 5 years, I think it`s time you actually visited us and found out what we`re really about. (we`re known for our hospitality and kindness, btw)
I`m one of the kids who was spanked as a child for disobediences, and also who`s father wouldn`t let me cut more than 3" off my hair at once. The last thing I would ever consider that is abuse. I know I was all the better for it -- and cringe to think of what all the kids in America would look and act like if they were your kids.
--Emily
Highland Colonel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Highland Colonel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2002 at 12:50pm
Spanked for disobedience, eh? All the better
not only for that but also for daddy not letting
you cut off more than 3 inches of hair? Oh!
How great! What a wonderful contribution
to society! How authoritarian parenting has
helped preserve the integrity of Emily! What
a destructive, selfish member of society she
would have been if only she were allowed
to cut a fourth inch off her hair!

Do I detect that Emily`s milieu has produced
yet another redneck to carry on the righteous
tradition?

Colonel John Doe
Emily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2002 at 11:20pm
Wow. You catch on so quickly. ;)
btw, my sister (who just graduated from Patrick Henry College [f you haven`t heard about them you should look them up on some of the major news sites, or phc.edu] and was just employed by the White House to work in Karl Rove`s (Sr Advisor to the President) office) was disciplined as well, and same hair rules also. She has an amazing amount of integrity and has been an outstanding American citizen.
And if you somehow got all that garbage about me being so horrible if I had been allowed to cut my hair out of my post, you misunderstood it. But I don`t think it would profit anyone to try to clear it up, because you sound like a northerner. :-D (don`t be offended - it`s a JOKE)

Oh dear. You can call me anything. anything BUT a redneck or hick. I abhor being called either of those. And here`s a recent picture to prove I at least don`t look like one.
http://photo.msn.s8.com/MS8zLzAvMS8xMDMwLzE1NS8zMi93SXlMRzFsYUNGTHZwZDA2Vzc2UW13/0c99e3607f5ef61e9ab3467010bd1f73/clbk=*EtEZjHm6co627xBdSB7D6ecx9NwdAn0pxnK1c!uom1ZpJVWnfEsxrRiQU73B8vCQZjI5SV2EFI$/jpg.jpg

What are you a Colonel in, if I may be so bold as to ask?

-Emily
dianefromcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2002 at 7:34pm
I noticed that Lauren thread was dated 2001 and I wonder if she did get that haircut?
Lauren mentioned that she was growing her hair but never mentioned if she actually took care of it.
Did she actually brushed it?

I have no idea about this Canadian/ Southern stuff but what I do know is that I do have a best friend that lives in Texas and that my beautiful daugther of the heart does live there and has a beautiful daughter and seem to be happy there .

I do believe that disipline belongs in the homes. I remember going to the Catholic school and havng nuns wash children`s mouth with soap if we would say bad words. IN some ways that is too bad that schools are not allowed to do so. ON the same tone I am glad that the paddle is no longer legal especially in our area. IN the same tone we as a society at times are not allowed to properly disipline our children.

I was brought up very strick but at the same time my parents always took into account how I felt because my body.

In Lauren`s case I wonder if her mother really had just cause for her decision. Maybe Lauren hadly washed her hair etc.
dianefromcanada
dianefromcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2002 at 7:35pm
I noticed that Lauren thread was dated 2001 and I wonder if she did get that haircut?
Lauren mentioned that she was growing her hair but never mentioned if she actually took care of it.
Did she actually brushed it?

I have no idea about this Canadian/ Southern stuff but what I do know is that I do have a best friend that lives in Texas and that my beautiful daugther of the heart does live there and has a beautiful daughter and seem to be happy there .

I do believe that disipline belongs in the homes. I remember going to the Catholic school and havng nuns wash children`s mouth with soap if we would say bad words. IN some ways that is too bad that schools are not allowed to do so. ON the same tone I am glad that the paddle is no longer legal especially in our area. IN the same tone we as a society at times are not allowed to properly disipline our children.

I was brought up very strick but at the same time my parents always took into account how I felt because my body.

In Lauren`s case I wonder if her mother really had just cause for her decision. Maybe Lauren hadly washed her hair etc.
dianefromcanada
Highland Colonel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Highland Colonel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2002 at 12:37pm
Emily - I am the Commanding Officer of a young Canadian military-style
lobby group. We wish to counter the influences of anyone from terrorists,
fascists, and corrupt people to rednecks, conformists, and authoritarians,
to do our part to make the world a better place.

Colonel John Doe
Emily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2002 at 2:39pm
Ahhhh - so you are Canadian??? That makes so much more sense to me.
And I see why you are a Colonel -- I was going to question the authenticity of it if you were a Colonel in military here in America. They are tough guys who believe in very strict punishment.

Emily
Antonia View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2004 at 10:03am
Your experience was too horrible for words. I was speechless reading it.
I was forced to have short hair as a little girl as well, and after i can take control and start growing my hair out, I still got al ot of criticism from my family. I now have mid back length hair, I even grew it to my waist until June this year, it got so dry that I had to get it cut to 3-4 inches below my collar bone.
My father associate long hair with short brains and told me if i cut my hair short, my school results will be better.
My family is an anti-long hair bunch, some ppl are like that, wonder why?
And aha, my friend Jane is a PhD and she always acheived the best, she has long thick hair that she cares a lot for it, she spend a lot of time blow drying and she got a top rate thesis accomplished.
So, all long haired girls take note of it! Don't others bully you, your long hair is your glory.
KB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2004 at 11:54am
Wow. This is all very disturbing. I thought I was the only one who had that happen to me. It wasn't my mom, though, it was my Aunt who was raising me. When I was in high school she wouldn't let me have long hair. Probably so the boys would keep away, lol. I'll never forget the way she stood right next to the stylist instructing her how much to cut off, etc...It was so devastating. I would NEVER do that to my children.
SummerM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SummerM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2005 at 9:33pm
I agree with Highland Colonel eps the controlling part. There are different forms of abuse, just because she wasn't hit doesn't mean it wasn't bullying.
I think it was wrong that your mother made you cut your hair. Some women just don't like to have to help their daughters maintain their hair and some find long hair annoying to deal with period.

My mother always preferred short hair, when I lived with her she always made me have a pixie which I hated. I didn't stand up to my mom or she would have smacked me into next week.

Her long hair was very valued to her and just because others might not see it that way doesn't make it melodramatic or a drama queen.

tommya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2005 at 4:06pm
Lauren,
I'm glad your mother cut your hair, if you were my daughter I would have given you a pixie and make you keep it until you graduated to teach you some respect!
t
duke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2005 at 7:30am
I don't know if you are joking or not, Tomya, if you are it's not funny and if you're not, that kind of Nazi behavior would more likely teach one's child DISrespect.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic