Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

wayyyyyyyyyyy to short

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Samantha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samantha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wayyyyyyyyyyy to short
    Posted: September 18 2002 at 1:43pm
hi im samantha im new im 19 im from long island new york on saturday i went to get my longish hair cut alot shorter i have had long hair for the past 3 years and have really only been trimming it i decided to get a short one length bob cut to my chin
i went to the same place i always go but the girl cut my hair alot shorter than i wanted i asked very simply for a one length cut to my chin this meant i was already cutting off about 6 inches she said wow you are going short thats brave to wich i just smiled she started cutting in the back i saw big pieces coming off to wich i thought ok here we go when she cut my first side it looked like she was cutting it a little higher than my chin SHE WAS she cut them to my lips i said to her thats kinda short she said when it dries itll be ABOUT chin length i tho
ught ok it looked short but it looked ok to me then she began blow drying it when it was dry it looked cute but about 2 inches shorter than i wanted i was kinda upset but i was telling myself i wanted it short anyway and it did look cute

THEN

she said do you want me to neaten up the back as she was reaching for a shaver i said yeah ok (thinking she meant the hairs on my neck what ever she didnt cut off with the scissor) the next thing i knew she turned on the shaver and took a big swipe off the back of my head i said WHAT ARE YOU DOING??? she said im buzzing the nape i said no no i thought you were getting the long hairs on my neck she said no im doing the nape she said thats normal when she gives a short bob i was so mad but i told her to finish she shaved the whole underneath very short like a boys hair (peach fuzzy) i look like a mushroom head the cut is not cute at all and i have shaved hair what the helck am i gonna do now?
i wish i just never got the haircut at all has anyone ever had this happen to them i can barely put my hair up and the back looks so short
all i wanted was a chin length bob now ill have to wait months for even that
Sammi
Julie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Julie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2002 at 4:56am
Sounds like she`s scissor happy to me a nightmare, iy will take at least 2months to grow out the shape. sorry to hear that. I bet you could have bashed her one!!!!!!!!!
Cindy R View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cindy R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2002 at 8:55pm
This bimbo obviously resented you being a women. You are not the 1st nor will you be the last to be violated. Before they start cutting, ask how short they are you cutting your hair. Yell loudly, NO!. They get embarassed when exposed. Just do not let them cut you hair to a style that is not what you want. Find a friend who respects you to trim your ends, if the jerks won`t listen if you just want your split ends trimmed. The clip happy barbers do not want to just trim your hair. They hate you being a women, growing your hair as you feel. Deciding when and how short is not rude, it is your decision. If you want to keep you ponytail, you do not have to make excuses. Let them know you are the customer, they serve you. I may seem a bit angry but I will not be bullied. My hair is just below shoulder length, (too short according to some friends, needing to be cut to others) but it is mine, I will not allow some lackey "expert" bully me into cutting off my hair because that is all their simple 4th grade educated instructor told them to do. I pay their salary and I will say no if they are unwilling to comply with a simple request for a 1/2 inch trim. I have been violated before, I will not be any longer. If they have a problem with that, they have much deeper issues and I suggest profession help. Probably a good kick in the a**. They need to respect a women. For you guys who are afraid of a real women and my long hair offends you, I say politely, "grow up and learn to be a man" before you decide to discount me as a women. Angry? damn straight I am. Going to submit to a controlling, less than a man , no way. Respect this woman or walk away with your mouth shut! If you are a real man and willing to respect me, great, I am eager to meet you. I have been waiting far too long to meet a real man. Too many damn wimpy weasels. Prove me wrong, we will both be happy!! In the mean time, I`ll live my own life. Thank you very much. If you are offende, it just goes to shoew I am right. If you agree, I am out there just walk up and say hello. Compliment me, I`ll talk to you, dance and be available. But I am woman, respect me or walk. Enough said!!
Lee View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2002 at 8:24am
Hey Samantha...I`m really sorry to hear about your hair crisis, but the same thing happened to me yesterday. I had very long beautiful hair, and i wanted a shoulder lengthcut, with a few long layers. I brought in a picture of Faith Hill that had exactly ehat I wanted. I was at an unfamiliar hair dresser, and When I saw her make the first cut, I mouth dropped. But I thouight to myself-Oh, well she has the picture and she knows what she`s doing. WRONG! My hair is SO short, i can barely put it up. I hate it! I was crying non stop that afternoon. I still wish nd wish and wish that I could do something to make it better--I want it to grow long!! Or go back in time and NOT get the haircut! I realy understand what you are going through. My advice is to go online, and find a few websites that tell you how to survive a bad haircut. It really helped me out. go here... http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip1140.htm And I dont like to face this fact, but it is hair. It will grow out eventually-and It could be worse. Im really upset about not having what I wanted. Just wait...in a few months, you`ll have hair, god as new!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic